UES Information and Updates
UES Important Dates:
- October 2 & 3 - UES School Picture Day
- October 9 - School Closed for Staff In-Service
- October 10-13 - UES Week of Respect
- October 13 - UES Home and School Meeting - 9:30 AM
- October 13 - Home & School Wizards Game 7 PM in the MHS MAC
- October 16-20 - UES Book Fair Week
- October 18, 19, & 20 - Grade 4 Field Trips to Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge
- October 17 - BOE Meeting 7 PM at WAMS
- October 18 - UES Parent Internet Safety Night 6:30 PM
- October 19 - UES Book Fair Night 6-8 PM
- October 27 - UES School Spirit Day - Show your UES Spirit!
- October 31 - Halloween Early Dismissal for Students
October Character Strong Focus is RESPECT!
We are excited that we will be using a program called Character Strong again this school year. This program teaches skills that will help students be successful in school and in life. The program has three main goals for students:
Be Kind: Social skills like listening, friendship, solving conflicts, and leadership.
- These skills are taught alongside Empathy, Respect, & Cooperation
Be Strong: Skills that help students focus, stay organized and set goals.
- These skills are taught alongside Responsibility, Courage, & Perseverance
Be Well: Skills that help students handle their emotions and deal with stress.
- These skills are taught alongside Gratitude, Honesty, & Creativity
During the month of October, we will focus on the character trait - RESPECT!
UES Will Recognize Week of Respect October 10-13!
We will celebrate our Week of Respect the week of October 10 to 13! Students will have Character Strong lessons with our counseling team and each day will have a special theme.
- Tuesday - Pajama Day!
- Wednesday - Wacky Wednesday
- Thursday - Favorite Team Day!
- Friday - Super Hero Day
Halloween at UES - October 31!
UES Internet Safety Parent Night (10/18/23) & Student Assemblies (10/25/23)
Our grade 5 and 6 students will have an Internet Safety Assembly on Wednesday, October 25.
- Parents, don't forget you can report a child's absence by clicking on the NURSE link on the UES website under Quick Links! NURSE LINK
- The UES school day starts at 8:00 AM! Please make sure your child is here on time.
- Please make sure your child has all items needed for school. We need to limit items being dropped off during the school day as deliveries are disruptive to instruction.
- Lunches should be dropped off before 10:00 AM to ensure delivery to your child.
- Cell phones and Smart Watches are not permitted at the UES. Please leave them at home!
- Please make sure your child charges his/her laptop each night!