Caraway Principal's Weekly Update
One Family, One Goal, No Limits
August 7, 2017
All signs point to another incredible and productive school year. Our skilled and devoted staff is already planning and preparing for your child(ren). Our enthusiastic office team is registering new families, ordering needed materials and updating student files. Our hard working and conscientious custodians have spent the entire summer thoroughly cleaning the facility. And, our much-appreciated PTA is gearing up to welcome families, provide volunteer opportunities, and offer other exciting events and programs. We are indeed a joyous and caring community with the common goals of nurturing responsible, caring students and promoting high-level learning.
Thank you to all who are helping prepare for the new school year. Your commitment to insuring that Caraway remains a celebrated and successful school is inspiring. I eagerly look forward to greeting students and families again. It remains an honor and privilege to serve as your principal. Together, I know we will make this school year one of growth and achievement for all children.
Kathy Caraway Elementary
New & Returning Student Registration
The 2017-2018 school year begins Aug 22. School hours for the upcoming school year are based on a 435 minute instructional day with the elementary school day starting at 7:40 a.m., dismissing at 2:55 p.m.
The District website provides an online guide that offers information about new and returning student registration, including video tutorials, secure links, and FAQ, bus routes, and quick links to valuable student resources.
Important dates for the upcoming school year include:
- Aug 7 – Parents/Guardians are e-mailed a link to access InfoSnap, a secure database that quickly, easily and safely manages required student forms. The e-mail also communicates a unique Snapcode assigned to each student. Student Snapcodes are required only when registration is completed through the District website. Snapcodes will be sent to those students who were either active (or pre-registered) on the last day of the 2017 school year.
- August 17: Caraway Supply Drop-off/Meet the Teacher
- Aug 20 – District staff will be at School Supply Sunday to answer your registration questions and offer assistance with the online form system.
- Aug 22 – First day of the 2017-2018 school year.
- Sep 6 – Final day: Online access for returning student(s) required annual forms CLOSES.
For more important dates, see the 2017-2018 academic calendar.
A great deal of time, effort and thought has gone into the process of student placement for the 2017-2018 school year. Careful consideration is being given to input from staff and families as well as student learning styles. Classrooms are being balanced academically and socially. Our class lists are structured to provide equitable class sizes and arrangements at each grade level. Moving students is difficult without causing imbalances and inequities. Thank you so much for being positive with your child and helping him or her understand that it is impossible to place all students with a preferred best friend or teacher. ALL of our staff work hard to make school a positive experience for ALL students. Caraway is eagerly looking forward to enriching your child’s life. Thank you for understanding that it can take a few weeks for a child to acclimate to a new grade, peer group and teacher.
Students will have an opportunity to meet their teacher on Thursday, August 17th starting at 5:30 p.m. for kindergarten and new students. Returning students meet the teacher will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- August 7 - Parents/Guardians are emailed Infosnap codes for registration
- August 17 - Meet the Teacher/Supply Drop-off, 5:30 - kinder/new students, 7:00 p.m. - returning students.
- August 22 - First Day of School
Meet the Teacher - August 17th
You and your child(ren) will have an opportunity to meet your teacher on Thursday, August 17th from 6:00-7:00 p.m. New families and kinder students will be welcomed in starting at 5:30 p.m.
Parent Orientation Night - September 7, 2017
Parent Orientation Night is a great opportunity to come and get questions you have about the upcoming school year answered. Your teacher will walk you through information regarding curriculum, expectations and the learning experiences that will make for a for a great school year.
Join the PTA
Many of the great programs offered at Caraway are due in part to our supportive PTA. You can visit the PTA website by clicking here.