Dalewood UMC Connection
Week of February 07, 2016
Ash Wednesday Service
Wednesday, Feb. 10th, 6:30pm
2300 Ridgecrest Drive
Lent is a season observed in many Christian churches as a 40 day preparation to remember and celebrate Jesus' resurrection on Easter. We will be using as our prayer guide a book by Mark Batterson Draw the Circle: The 40 Day Prayer Challenge. You can purchase a copy at the church or online. Our Ash Wednesday Service will mark the beginning of Lent and we invite you to come and join us!!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities:
- An important meeting of the Ministry Teams, Committees and Leadership Council has been rescheduled to February 28th beginning at 11:00am.
- The Leadership Council will meet at 12:45pm and we encourage you to attend.
- The next SLI meeting will be on Saturday, Feb. 20th at 9:00am.
- February is our "Helpful Hearts" donation month for our Children's Ministry. Please take a heart or two from the board in the Narthex, purchase the supply on it and donate it in the box in the Narthex.
- Our Scout Troop #262 is collecting food for Second Harvest Food Bank if you would like to help, leave your donation in Langford Hall. At their Blue/Gold Banquet on 2/27, they will be celebrating 35 years at Dalewood and they would like to invite you to join them. For more info or you would like to attend, contact Ann Clements @ 615-310-3565.