Girls Fly! Compton
Join Us! Register Today! Girls Fly http://girlsfly.org/
Friday, March 13th, 2-4:30pm
3842 Atlantic Ave
Long Beach, CA
Closed Toe Shoes Require
Arrival Time: 2:00 a.m.
Departure: 11:30 a.m.
Email Contact: Info@girlsfly.com
For questions on the day of event call (310) 632-1247
Volunteers arrive at 1:30 p.m.
Chef Tech is a cooking school for all ages and skill levels. In addition to their Professional Chef, Professional Baking and Beginner Cooking series, we offer culinary workshops, kids’ cooking classes,as cooking parties and special events!
Be Inspired To Cook! - Culinary Arts Experience
Girls Fly! participants discover how a pinch of curiosity can improve their cooking! Explore recipes, activities, and stay connected via Webcasts. Participants enhance their understanding of the science behind food and cooking. A kitchen is no different from most science laboratories and cooking is regarded as an experimental science. Participants leave overwhelming enthusiastic about the chemistry and physics of cooking. They learn how to apply their new experience to successful creative healthy meals. For those of us who wish to know why certain recipes work and perhaps more importantly why others fail, appreciating the underlying physical processes will inevitably help in unraveling the mysteries of the "art" of good cooking.
Girls Fly! with STEAM - Experience the Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Math of Culinary Arts
· Physical Sciences – Chemistry and physics
· Technology – Cooking equipment, gadgets and smartphones.
· Engineer – An overview of soft matter physics, paired with chefs to demonstrate recipes that highlight each concept. At the end of the course students conduct culinary experiments in tandem with a visiting chefs about their cooking technique and philosophy.
· Arts – Culinary arts
· Math – Converting Celsius to Fahrenheit, calculating measurements for increased batches; ingredient substitutions for creativity and emergencies.
Girls Fly! Mission Statement
Girls Fly! Mission – Personal impact, at local levels to advance women and girls globally.
- To make one female smile tears of joy because she has clarity tied to her most personal dreams associated with the culinary arts.
- To unlock your heart. To give you a clearer path to your dreams.
- A community of people who believe in YOU and your dreams.