Sarah's Speedy Sportscar
by Sarah Karnes
Question and Hypothesis
What will help my egg to not break when it hits the wall?
I think a cushion will help it not break when it hits the wall.
2. Force- a push or pull
3. Inertia- to remain unchanged
4. Acceleration- an increase in speed, turn, or slowing down
5. Friction- the rubbing of something against another
6. Momentum- the amount of motion of an object
7. Potential Energy- the energy that has potential to move
8. Kinetic Energy- energy of motion
Then, my mom had the great idea to use a container. It came to my mind to put the egg in the square hole so it is easier to get out, but will also stay in well. My dad and I went to a store and got wheels and the container. It was right until I was on my way to school and I realized it weighed to much and was too big! My mom got a pool noodle and cut it. It was so hard to find wheels that worked that didn't weigh too much. My brother got a Lego car to get the wheels off, but if we glued the car to the foam it would work. It would also fit the requirements. When I tested the speed, the car kept on tipping over, so I tried to roll it down the ramp where there was the least amount of space between the wheels and the end of the car. It worked!