WBSD Weekly Update
Friday, September 2, 2022
It was so wonderful to see all of those smiling faces on the first day of school! WBSD had a terrific first week of learning!
For those of you that were impacted by the storms on Monday night, we hope that you got your power back or get your power back soon! We would like to thank WBMS, Sheiko, and Doherty families for your patience and continued support as WBSD navigated the power outage earlier this week. WBSD is happy we were able to bring students back on Thursday!
We hope you enjoy the long weekend. Happy Labor Day! We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday, September 6.
Back 2 School Central
Have you visited the Back 2 School Central page on our website? This page has many resources needed to get you on the right track this school year. https://www.wbsd.org/parents/back-to-school-central
Google Search for Roosevelt & WBMS
We are aware that our information on Google search for Roosevelt Elementary School and West Bloomfield Middle School is incorrect. The District has been working with Google to update this information. Slowly, progress has been made. We will continue to work on this until it is correct! Thank you for your patience.
Important COVID-19 Updates and Sick Policy for Parents
1. It remains District policy that if your child is sick, please report their absence to the safeline number and keep them home until their symptoms have improved. The District's sick policy can be found HERE.
2. Please note there is no longer a COVID-19 Dashboard on our website. WBSD is in frequent contact with and follows the guidance of the Oakland County Health Department. If you would like more information about this guidance, please visit: https://www.oakgov.com/covid
3. A distinction will no longer be made between potential exposures and “close contacts.” Families will receive a letter if a student is exposed to someone with COVID-19.
4. ALL Covid-19 updates can be found on this page: https://www.wbsd.org/parents/covid-19
Congratulations to WBHS Student!
Alexander Walton has been selected as a College Board National Recognition Program awardee because of his academic achievements at WBHS and outstanding performance on the PSAT/NMSQT®, PSAT™ 10, and/or AP® Exams. He accomplished this milestone during an immensely demanding period of his high school career. We couldn't be more delighted to share this great news.
Strong Discipline and Tenacious Play
WBSD High School Head Football Coach, Tyrice Grice discussed the Lakers week one 47-7 blowout victory over Sterling Heights Stevenson. To watch WBHS "live" football, click here. For a fall football schedule, click here. Gooo Lakers!!!
ATTENTION WBHS SENIORS & JUNIORS
- Purchase a Senior, Class of 2023 T-shirt/sweatshirt, complete this form, senior shirt form and turn it in to to Mrs. Rosenwasser's room 542. Make checks out to Class of 2023.
- You can also purchase a T-shirt, complete the powderpuff forms
- Purchase a T-shirt, complete the powderpuff forms and return it along with your payment (cash or check) to Mrs. Rosenwasser's room 542.
Board of Education Candidate Forum
Please join us on Wednesday, September 14, 2022, at West Bloomfield High School in the iCenter for our Board of Education Candidate Forum. Community members will have the opportunity to pose questions to the nine Board of Education candidates running for two seats, each with six-year terms beginning at 6:30 p.m. The Forum will begin promptly at 7 p.m. The Candidate Forum will be run by the League of Women Voters and students from Oakland Early College. The event is being recorded and will be available for viewing a few days following the Forum.
SEPTEMBER INCLUSIVE CELEBRATIONS
Take a moment to read the September Newsletter for more information provided by the WBSD Office of Educational Equity and Inclusion.
- Suicide Prevention Month
September 5 — Labor Day
September 11 — National Day of Service
September 15 — Hispanic Heritage Month
September 16 — Mexican Independence Day
September 23 — American Indian Day
September 25-27 — Rosh Hashanah (Judaism)
Math Pentathlon Parent Zoom Meeting
Join Cub Scouts!
Start your adventure with Pack 101! We'll be having a short hike and scavenger hunt to learn about what Cub Scouting has to offer. Cub Scouts is open to both boys and girls in grade K-5. Our meetings are based out of Sheiko/Doherty usually but you can join no matter which school you attend. Join us Wednesday, September 7 anytime between 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at West Bloomfield Nature Preserve (4655 Arrowhead Rd, West Bloomfield Township)
Contact email@example.com with questions.
Blessings In A Backpack - For Those In Need
The goal is to make sure that no child goes hungry on the weekend. Run by volunteers, there is NO cost to families.This program sends six non-perishable meals home each Friday of the school year. If your family could benefit from the program, please complete
the application. For more information visit:
Do you want to get paid to drop your children off at school? Apply to be a crossing guard! This job has some pretty neat perks! Apply here.
West Bloomfield Public Library
· Parenting Books about Back to School (Adults)
Labor Day Closure
The library will be closed from Saturday, September 3 - Monday, September 5. The Westacres Branch material return chutes will also be unavailable due to parking lot resurfacing. Both branches will reopen on Tuesday, September 6.
September is Library Card Sign-Up Month
Sign up for a West Bloomfield Library card to access popular books, movies, study spaces, resources, and more! Students of the West Bloomfield School District are eligible for a West Bloomfield Library card. Learn more about library card eligibility and benefits by reading the Library Card Chart, available at wblib.org.