NE State Fair 4-H Fashion Show Info
Information for Exhibitors & Families
Where & When?
Fashion Show Times
- Dressing rooms - can only accommodate 50 exhibitors
- Seating for Spectators - can only accommodate 250
Shopping In Style
- Participants arrive & register between 8-8:30 AM
- Wool garments arrive & register at 8 AM & be ready for judging at 8:15 AM
Click to check-out our show listing. If there are issues, please contact email@example.com by August 25th. Note: as we receive entries from counties with contests after the August 10 deadline, we will update the list with those participants.
So, How Will This Work?
- A Handout with important reminders.
- An Exhibitor Number - to denote 1) which dressing room they go to and 2) which order they will be in the show. Once dressed, please pin this on your garment (on the left front bodice of your garment).
Once an Exhibitor is admitted into the building, they are not allowed to leave until the show is over (unless released by a parent - in this case the parent needs to go to the registration table). Masks are not required, but encouraged.
- Please stay in your assigned dressing room. This will help us keep the show in order.
- Please try to maintain social distancing while in the dressing rooms.
- Masks are not required, but encouraged.
- Dressing rooms are open to the contestants only - before, during, and after the Fashion Show.
There will be volunteers who are serving as our "Hostesses". Their jobs are to 1) assist in the dressing area, 2) help you get your exhibitor number pinned on, 3) remind you to get your photo taken, 3) line you up for the show, and 5) escort you to the runway. If you need to use the restroom, please ask your Hostess to let you in/out to use the restrooms in the Foyer.
- Show #1: 8:10-8:45 AM
- Show #2: 10:10-10:45 AM
- Show #3: 12:10-12:30 PM
To rehearse, check-in with the volunteer at the beginning of the Runway (South end of the Pivot). Please maintain social distancing while rehearsing. Masks are not required, but encouraged.
- The runway will begin at the base of the Pivot (South end) - a volunteer will be positioned here to help. This year an introduction phrase will be used to announce your name and county. Background music will be playing.
- First, you will walk up the Side #1 (Right side) of the Pivot, then stop briefly on the "X" in the center of the runway. Feel free to pose at this time. The next exhibitor will begin to walk as soon as you leave the "X".
- Then, you will continue to walk up Side #1 to the end of the Pivot (North end) - a volunteer will be positioned here to help.
- Between Side #1 and Side #2 of the runway, you will model before the judges. Each participant will only model before one judge, for approximately one minute. You may model in a pattern (triangle, square, etc.) and pivot. Be sure to show the judge all sides of your garment, and feature parts that you're most proud of. The judge will have your SF 25 or SF184 form that you submitted and may ask you questions.
- Once you have finished with the judge, you will walk back down Side #2 (Left side) of the Pivot, then stop briefly on the "X" in the center of the runway. You may pose again at this time.
- Near the end of the show, a volunteer will gather you to do the grand finale - where the whole group will walk down Side #1, then Side #2 of the runway (approximately 10-12 feet between each exhibitor).
- The admission line will form against the building at the Northeast doors to Raising Nebraska.
- This event is open to the public, no tickets are required this year.
- Doors will open 10-15 minutes before the show.
- Seating is on a first-come basis.
- We will not have paper Fashion Show programs, but will have a digital copy that you can access on your device. This will be announced at the show.
- Masks are not required; however, please consider wearing a mask during the Fashion Show.
- The Wool award will be announced at the conclusion of Show #1
- Best of Show awards will be awarded at the conclusion of Show #1 and Show #2
- A Quilt of Valor will be awarded to a veteran at the conclusion of Show #3
Meet Your Fashion Show Superintendents
Issues on Fashion Show Day?
Jacie Milius | Co-Superintendent
Nebraska Extension in Gage County
Focus area: Entrepreneurship, STEM & College/Career Readiness
Call/Text me at (402) 433-0561
Stacey Keys | Co-Superintendent
Nebraska Extension in Thurston County
Focus area: STEM, Careers, Technology, Summer Reading Program, Positive Youth Development
Call/Text me at (402) 322-2937