Weekly News & Notes - May 23rd - 27th
Upcoming Events . . .
4th Grade PEN - Invention Convention -Bridge Valley Elementary School
5th Grade Field Trip - Constitution Center
Kindergarten - Academy of Natural Science Classroom Visits
6th Grade Visits Tamanend
1st Grade Field Trip - Elmwood Park Zoo
3rd Grade Field Trip - Philadelphia Zoo
Picnic Lunch - BBQ lunch Menu
Memorial Day - School Holiday
May 31st - June 3rd:
- 2nd Grade - Peace Valley Classroom Visits
4th Grade Field Trip - Pennsbury Manor
- Chorus, Band & Orchestra Concert - 7:00 PM
- 5th Grade PEN - Robotics Competition at Bridge Valley Elementary School
- 6th Grade Field Trip - Highpoint
- Home & School Association Father - Son Bowling Night
- Titus Spirit Day - Wear Your Titus Gear!
Paws for Pride . . .
Congratulations to last week’s Paws for PRIDE winners: Rebecca Hurly, Drew Soltys, Lia Mancini, Dhriti Kiran, Mikael Pantoja-Ramos, Emma Yu, and Jake Wullert.
These students were chosen at random to be recognized and celebrated for demonstrating one of our five character traits - Pride, Respect, Individual Responsibility, Determination & Empathy. Thank you to all of the Titus families for your support of our Paws for PRIDE program.
Thanks CB South. . .
The Titus 4th grade worked with CB South mentors this year as part of a homework club. Students met twice a week with their mentor to review math concepts, freshen up some writing, study for tests, or complete written responses to literature.
The CB South kids were awesome to work with and set a great example of what respectful, responsible students look like at CB South. Not to mention, it made them feel cool to have some "BIG" friends!
Field Day - May 27th. . .
Field Day is scheduled for Friday, May 27th. Feel free to join us and your children for a fun-filled day outside. Afternoon kindergarten will be joining our morning kindergarten classes for a day of field events as well. You can watch your child(ren) perform a variety of outside field day events such as tug-of-war and relay races.
Here are some field day tips to keep in mind as the date approaches:
- Wear sneakers
- Dress in your team color -Black or Gold …Be Creative
- Apply sunscreen
- Bring a water bottle
BJ's Wholesale Club . . .
BJ’s Wholesale Club is once again offering a membership drive at Titus Elementary.
- There is a change in terms from previous years; $35 for 13 months.
- Please include an email address to receive confirmation of your application.
- You do not need to be a Titus family to participate, so feel free to share this opportunity with family and friends.
- Application deadline is Friday, June 10th.
Follow us on Twitter . . .
Could Not Make the Walk Today? No Problem!
Guest Contributor: Disha Dhananjay
This year Titus is raising money for JDRF – Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. The Walk for a Cause will take place this Friday, May 20th at 2:00 p.m. If you are unable to come on Friday, or you would prefer to make a donation online, please click here and it will take you to the Titus Elementary JDRF fundraising page.
What A Way To End . . .
We wrapped up our final 2016 iRun4Life session on May 11th with our highly anticipated Color Run. Some of the pictures were featured in last week's Tiger Times. This week, we wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of the people that made our program such a success this year.
- Annemarie Sauder, Tara Endy, Kim Bell, Stacey Clarke, Marie Schrier, Rebecca Mastrovito, Adam Collachi, Tommy Moore, Ellen Baratz, Carly Fischer, Mariah Drenth, Kelly Walsh, Kate Parsons, Jen Yaworski, Gina Cannella, Tina Stuckert, Kelly Lock, Anitha Kannan, Maureen Moore, Kelsey Suter, Kathleen Mellet, Patty Dallmer, Nikki Spicer, Bethany Magrann, Cindy Crayder, Ally Maholtz, Carly Maholtz, Victoria Innamorato, Tara Sidwar, Lisa Woltjen, Kristen Margraff, and Patti Loun.
- Mr. Cashman, Donna and Jason Vogel (Horsham Athletic Club/Dynamic Soccer), Ms. Claudia Young (Make a Difference Children's Foundation), Mary McDonald (CB Family and Consumer Science teacher), Dr. Heather Moore (Total Performance Physical Therapy), Dr. Clifford Perlis (Abington Dermatology Associates), and Gert Freas (iRun4Life founder and president)
- Painting Parrot, Taire Salon, Dr. Nancy Casey Orthodontics, Kind Bars, Wegman's, Inline 309, Bucks County Ice, Brian Klumpp with CB South Baseball, Sky Zone of Levittown, U-Swirl, Bucks County Running Company, and North Wales Running Company.
We had 3 raffle drawing winners at our last session. Congratulations to Gabrielle Tarka, Keith McGovern, and Keira Endy! We also wanted to let you know that part of the iRun4Life program at Titus is doing "good deeds". This year we incorporated a service project into the program. Through the Make a Difference Children's Foundation our participants collected not only recess equipment for kids in Nigeria living in poverty, but also raised $2449.00. This money will be used to ship our donations along with containers of other contributions that will help "hundreds and hundreds" of children.
Finally, 33 students from Titus participated in the Annual iRun4Life Kids Only 3k on May 15. For many of the participants, this was their first race. Although a chilly morning, everyone did a great job!
Home & School Association:
Father - Son Bowling Event - June 2nd!!!
The Home & School Association is holding a Father-Son Event for Titus boys and their dad, grandpa, uncle, or another special man in their lives at Thunderbird Lanes in Warminster. Come join the men of Titus for 2 hours of open bowl over 20 lanes (more lanes will be provided based on our RSVP count)
- Cost - $8.50 per person to be paid at the bowling alley upon arrival.
- Date: Thursday, June 2nd
- Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Thunderbird Lanes, Warminster, PA
Note: Cost includes bowling and shoes. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. Any questions or concerns please reach out to Mr. Cashman.