Cougar Courier Times
Kutz Elementary School's Bimonthly Newsletter
November 16, 2015
Kutz Spirit Day T-Shirts
Our 1st Kutz Student Council Meeting!!
Officers Called the Meeting to Order & Facilitated the Agenda
Student Council Participants Shared their Ideas
Classroom Reps Reported Back to their Homerooms
Cell phones, however, are permitted in students' backpacks. Students may use cell phones when they are off school property to contact a family member. If a student has a cell phone and travels via the bus, it must stay in the child’s backpack until they get off the bus. Any electronic device that is being misused will be delivered to the office and the family will be contacted.
Kutz students donate Halloween candy to Operation Gratitude!!
Kutz students donated 397lbs of Halloween candy coordinated by Kutz parent, Dr. Calvin Lee of L&M Orthodontics.
A special Thank You to Dr. Lee for his support of Kutz Elementary School!
Counselor’s Corner: Anxiety in Children
Hello Kutz Families,
As we enter such a busy time of year, it is important to think about slowing down and enjoying time with family and friends. We often see an increase in children’s anxiety at school after a break in the school calendar as we have coming up with the holiday season. Children are creatures of habit and any change in routine can be difficult. First, it is important to know that this is very typical behavior for children. Yet, it is helpful to have some tools to be able to work through an increase in your child’s anxiety. Please read the article below for some interesting advice regarding how to respond to an anxious child.
Central Bucks in conjunction with CB Cares, The YMCA and Doylestown Hospital is hosting Dr. Dahlsgaard, an expert on child behavior, at Lenape Middle School on Wednesday, November 18th at 7:00 P.M. The focus of this parent workshop will be taming childhood anxiety. More information can be found at http://www.cbsd.org/parentpositive.
At Kutz this year, we are working on implementing stress-reduction techniques into the daily routine. We want to be sure to give students the tools they need to relax, allowing them to access our wonderful curriculum with clear minds. Some of the techniques we are working on include controlled breathing, visualization and yoga/balance activities.
This will be a focus throughout the year.
Check back for the next Counselor’s Corner focusing on cyber-bullying and internet safety.
Thank you for your time,
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!!
Kutz Home & School Association
Kutz Home & School Association
To help streamline communication between school and home we will be putting all important Kutz information in Dr. Garvin’s Kutz Cougar Times. This means enotes will no longer be published weekly and the information will now be found in Dr. Garvin’s Kutz Cougar Times. The Cougar Times is sent out on the 15th and 30th/31st of each month. All email address updates and/or additions will be done through the parent portal.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Are you new to Kutz or CBSD and having difficulty navigating our school or district? The Hospitality Committee is here to help! Please contact April Masterson (email@example.com) and a Kutz Parent “Buddy” or “Ambassador” will be in contact to answer any questions you might have.
Looking for a Holiday gift Idea...Consider a library book donation!
School Board Briefs - November 10, 2015
At the November 10, 2015 School Board Meeting the Central Bucks School District School Board:
- Heard the South/West Chamber Strings performance before the school board meeting.
- Approved the minutes of the October 27, 2015 school board meeting.
- Heard the Superintendent’s Report: School Board Member Recognition; This Month in Central Bucks video; Achievement Report 2015 – Part II
- The following Board members were recognized for their service and commitment to the Central Bucks School District:
- Jim Duffy - 4 years
- Joe Jagelka - 4 years
- Geri McMullin - 32 years
- Tyler Tomlinson - 4 years
- Kelly Unger - 4 years
- Received the Curriculum, Finance, Human Resources, and Operations Committee notes, and the BCIU Board and MBIT Executive Council minutes.
- Approved the October 31, 2015 and November 5, 2015 General Fund check disbursements; and the October 29, 2015 Capital Fund check disbursements.
- Approved the new fulltime Business Office accounting position to help meet the new reporting requirements of the state and federal governments as well as help prepare detailed budget and negotiations data.
- Approved the contract for professional services to GKO Architects for design/bidding/professional services for renovations to the Auditorium at CB West.
- Approved the contract for professional services to GKO Architects for design/bidding/professional services to install a service memorial at the CB East stadium in the amount not to exceed $7,500.
- Approved the contract for professional services to GKO Architects to assist with the scope development and budget estimates to renovate War Memorial Field in the amount of $2,500.
- Approved the Comprehensive Plan effective July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2019.
- Approved School Board Policy 819 – Suicide Awareness, Prevention and Response.
- Approved various personnel items, student trips, and staff conferences/workshops.
- Received the Student Activities Quarterly Reports ending September 30, 2015 for the secondary schools as an information item.