News from the 'View
Skyview Upper Elementary School
Pick Up of Student Items at Skyview
The schedule outlined below will be utilized for all students to return materials to Skyview Upper Elementary School (textbooks, library books, Chromebooks) and to receive any materials that need to be returned. Students and families are assigned dates and times for participation in this process. We respectfully request that you adhere to this schedule and to the identified process as closely as possible. Thank you in advance for your assistance with completing the end-of-year process.
Packing Up Materials to Return to School
Please follow the directions below for packing up items for return to school. Note that we are requesting a label identifying student name/homeroom both inside and outside of bags.
o All textbooks, library books, etc. should be placed in a large plastic trash bag. Chromebooks and charging cables being returned to the district should not be in this bag. Please keep chromebook separate.
o Before sealing the bag, please write or type/print out the following information on a piece of paper and include it in the top of the bag:
- Name of the student (first and last)
- Grade-level of the student (5,6) and homeroom
- List of the contents of the bag
o Seal the bag. Tape can be used or a knot can be tied in the top of the bag.
o On the outside of the bag, place a piece of tape or affix a piece of paper that identifies name and homeroom of the student.
o Place the sealed bag and chromebook and chromebook charging cable (if returning) in the back hatch/trunk area.
Process When Arriving at Skyview Upper Elementary School
o All transactions will take place in front of Skyview.
o Once you have stopped in front of the entrance, place your vehicle in “Park” and leave the engine running. Either remotely open the back hatch/trunk of the vehicle or if absolutely necessary, exit your vehicle, open the trunk, and immediately re-enter your vehicle.
o Place a piece of paper up against the driver side window with the following information written or printed on the paper:
Name of student (first and last)
o A staff member will approach your vehicle and remove the sealed bag from the back hatch/trunk area
o If your child has materials that need to be returned, these will be placed by a staff member in the back hatch/trunk area. These materials may include items left in lockers or in classrooms.
o Once all material exchanges have concluded, the driver will remotely close the hatch/trunk area, or the staff member will close it if needed. To exit campus, please follow the loop around the back of the building. Do not drive through the parking lot areas.
Assigned Dates and Times - June 9 and 10
o Dates and times are assigned to accommodate the large volume of exchanges that will need to take place.
o The schedule is below. Please refer to the chart(s) below for your assigned date/time.
Arcola Scheduling Timeline Update
Arcola Intermediate School
Revised Timeline for Course Scheduling (including Honors)
Below is the revised annual scheduling timeline for students currently in grade 6 who will be taking classes (including honors classes) in grade 7 next school year AND for students currently in grade 7 who will be taking classes (including honors classes) in grade 8 next school year.
- Marking Period 3 ends
- Student eligibility for honors is determined based on course/subject specific data points as listed within the honors eligibility section of this web site by end of month
- Arcola Administration provides communication to current 6th and 7th-grade parents to:
- Notify parents of the general scheduling process and remaining timeline
- Notify parents of the descriptions of World Languages and the selection process for next year
· Students complete the electronic World Language selection for next school year
· Arcola Administration provides communication to current 6th and 7th-grade parents (beginning of month) on the following:
o How and when to access course assignments via Parent Portal
o Procedures for inquiries about course assignments
o Description of appeal process
· Access to student course assignments enabled in PowerSchool Parent Portal (mid-month)
o This allows parents/students to see the courses, including honors courses that are included in next year’s student schedule. The actual schedule with teacher assignments is provided in August as per this timeline.
· Deadline for submission to the Arcola Administration of all honors courses appeals (end of month)
· Last day of current school year
- Access to individual student schedules enabled in PowerSchool Parent Portal (last week)
- This allows parents/students to see the courses including honors courses and the daily schedule along with assigned teachers for the coming year