The Storm Forecast
September 9, 2020
Phase 2 of school reopening
I hope that this finds you and your families well and healthy. San Jose Prep is moving towards Phase 2 of the school reopening plan.
Beginning September 14, we will offer a hybrid on campus model for those families that have indicated in the family survey that they would like that option. In order to maintain social distancing, middle school students will come on Mondays and Wednesdays and high school students will come on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Students on campus will continue to receive live streamed instruction from their teachers. Students will also receive breakfast and lunch for the week.
We will continue to communicate with you as to developments and movement into Phase 3.
In regards to the new building, we are aiming for a grand opening date of Monday, November 30. We plan to make that a celebratory day for all and are looking forward to sharing the day with you.
Thank you for the continued support. I appreciate the many kind and encouraging words from many of you.- please know that it means so much to me and the faculty and staff here.
Procedures for students who will be coming to hybrid on campus model
- All school rules, policies and procedures still apply
- Uniforms will be enforced. Students must wear uniform polo shirt and appropriate bottoms. Dress code, including hair color, will be enforced.
- Face masks are required
- COVID waivers must be on file in order for students to be in attendance
- All persons entering the building must have a daily temperature check
- Students who checked out Chromebooks must bring their Chromebooks with them. If a student wishes to bring their personal laptop/Chromebook, they may do so.
- All students will need to bring headphones
- No student parking is available for Juniors and Seniors
- Students will be issued a week's worth of breakfast and lunch on the first day of each week that they attend (Mondays for middle school; Tuesdays for high school)
- Cell phones will not be allowed in the computer lab; cell phones must be turned in each morning and will be returned at the end of the day.
School hours: 8:00a.m.-2:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday
Breakfast and lunch...delivered???
If you would be interested in having your student's breakfast and lunches for the week delivered to your home, please fill out the following survey: https://forms.gle/LXiCxSTfeX1Kc2Lv5
For more information on school food services, please email email@example.com.
Is your contact information correct in our system?
If you are unsure if we have all of your current information, please email Mr. Cassells at firstname.lastname@example.org
We need to make sure we have your most current:
- phone numbers
- Any secondary contacts and their information
Important reminders for parents
- When students are in class, they are required to have their cameras turned in so we can verify the student's attendance and participation in the course. If your student's computer does not have a camera, please email email@example.com to arrange for a Chromebook to check out. Also remember that we take live attendance every class period, so if the student is not in the Google Classroom during class time, they will be marked absent.
- For students who are starting show potential truancy trends, attendance intervention meetings will begin in the next two weeks. Please make sure that your student is attending all of their classes every day.
- If you have a question about something in class, the best course of action is always to reach out to the teacher first. Most issues and questions can be resolved through communication with the classroom teacher. If you need to schedule a conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will reach out to you to schedule a conference.
- Please make sure that your student is completing their work! Although we are on virtual instruction, we still have graded work and deadlines for assignments.
When students are back on campus, we have strict COVID guidelines in place:
- Face masks are required in order to be on campus
- All students on campus must have a COVID waiver on file
- There are daily temperature checks daily prior to entering the building and throughout the day
- Everyone is expected to maintain socially distant
Test Prep Boot Camp for 11th and 12th graders
On Saturday, October 3, we will be having a Boot Camp for students wanting to prepare for the SAT. This will also be at 9am and breakfast and lunch will be provided. Seating is limited to 50 students due to COVID restrictions. To sign up, students should go to: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10E-CyAKTHj4A2Cv8eNJbRP26iA90WL5Z3NNDv-PiTu0/edit?usp=sharing
Quarter 1 progress reports
This week we are halfway through 1st quarter. Please make sure that you check your student's grades on Focus, as the grades are in real time.
If you need to schedule a parent/teacher conference, please email email@example.com
San Jose Partners- our parent organization
Please join San Jose Partners! Memberships are $5 for the 2020-21 School Year: https://www.sanjoseprep.org/parent-organization/. We are the Parent Organization that supports our teachers, staff and students at San Jose Primary and San Jose Prep. Our organization is designed to enrich our school community. The leadership council meets monthly and discusses a wide range of topics including teacher appreciation events, fundraising, support for student activities and meeting the school's needs for volunteers. We also actively provide parent feedback to the administration. Every year, officers are elected by the SJP membership to fill key positions on our leadership council. Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1667954689998754. Or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Meet Mrs. Bender, our licensed mental health counselor!
Please read her introductory letter below. You may contact Mrs. Bender@ email@example.com
Meet the Student Services Team!
- academic questions and issues
- parent/teacher conferences and communication
- 504s & IEPs
- grad tracking and graduation status
- retention/promotion questions
- social work services
- mental health services
- attendance interventions
If you need to reach out to one of our counselors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will reach out to you.
Student Services Team:
Mrs. Cooley, Director of Student Services
Mrs. Bell, Academic Advisor
Ms. De La Cruz, Academic Advisor, Social Worker
Mrs. Campbell, AP, Pre-AP Coordinator & Assessments
Mrs. Hubbard, Academic interventionist
Mrs. Bender, Mental Health Counselor
For instructions on how to create a parent Focus account, go to https://dcps.duvalschools.org/Page/15745
When you have completed your application for an account, email email@example.com in order to have your account activated.
Once you have created the account, please allow 48 hours for activation.
Having difficulties? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Attention 7th grade parents!!!!
Please make sure that your student has had their shots and send a copy of the shot record to email@example.com