EMDR & IFS:
A webinar series for IFS therapists* who use EMDR
* approved for 6 IFS certification/recertification CEs.
Not approved for any other professional CEs.
- Session One
- Session Two
- Session Three
- Session Four
Presented by Bruce Hersey LCSW
Integrate these two models in creative new ways. Make new connections, expand your perspective.
Internal Family Systems, a systemic ego state model, when superimposed on the EMDR process, provides an accurate map of the process and serves as a guide in selecting the appropriate interweaves or interventions at the appropriate points in all eight phases of the EMDR protocol.
Participants will see that functional Dual Attention requires Self-Presence and the co-presence or activation of a Target Part in relationship to the Self. In this webinar series, I promote the understanding that most of the problems commonly encountered in the EMDR Standard Protocol can be averted by recognizing this principle, and applying simple practices taught here.
Register & pay online or mail check and contact info to:
217 Union Ave. 2nd Floor
Altoona PA 16602
Contact Bruce: (814) 944-3852 (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
Approved for 6 clock hours of CE in IFS by the Center for Self-Leadership.
There will be a minimum of four and maximum of ten participants.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Name two advantageous aspects of the IFS concept of Self that are not explicitly included in EMDR’s Adaptive Information Processing (AIP) system.
- Explain the relationship between functional Dual Attention and Self-Presence.
- Describe the concept of energy as it applies to Protective Parts and how this can be measured and processed within EMDR.
- Describe the concept of energy as it applies to qualities of Self and how these can be measured and installed as a resource within EMDR.
- Name at least one way that IFS language can used in obtaining a PC or VOC.
- Name at least one way that IFS language can used as a cadence comment in the desensitization phase.
- Name at least one advantage of recognizing & unblending parts to EMDR processing.
Bruce is an Approved Consultant in EMDR & Clinical Hypnosis (EMDRIA & ASCH), an AASECT Certified Supervisor in Sex Therapy, and also Certified in IFS (Internal Family Systems Therapy). He completed IFS Levels One, Two & Three Training, is a three-time Program Assistant at Level One, and three-time presenter at the IFS International Conference. AASECT International Conference once. He is the host and moderator of the Internal Family Systems Network, a rapidly growing Linkedin international discussion group for professional helpers. Bruce founded and directs Heartspace Wellness Alliance, a space for counseling and wellness practices and training in Altoona, PA. He provides Distance Supervision & Consultation in EMDR, IFS, Clinical Hypnosis & Sex Therapy via phone and Skype.