Week TWENTY-SEVEN: March 21st
A Weekly Staff Bulletin
We have made it through one of the busiest weeks of the year and we are a short 10 days from Spring Break and five days to Easter.
On Wednesday, we have a guest Principal, VP Mayor, Greg Mills. From 8-9, we will be touring classes and stopping in. Please do not feel as though you have to do anything special but please talk to your students about our guest and make sure they know who he is when we come around. http://www.villapark.org/city-council/
Also, this week you will be receiving postcards (one for each student) that needs to be signed by parent and submitted back to you by Friday, April 1st. The sooner you get them back the better. We need one postcard per student and will help us to plan for next year and our 2016-2017 classes.
Thank you LuAnn, Joan, Angie and Kathy for being at the first Calendar Committee meeting - I have scheduled the second calendar committee meeting for Friday morning at 7a. I will provide donuts for those who would like to be a part of the calendaring for next year. Thank you in advance.
RULE OF THE WEEK #7
Duty Schedule Reminder
- 7:45-8 lunch tables: Karr
- 8-8:15 blacktop: Pettibone
- 10:15-10:30 blacktop: Welch
- 10:15-10:30 big apple, looking to playground: Schmuhl
- 10:35-10:50 primary swings, east: King
- 10:35-10:50 lunch benches and blue playground: Strawn
- 2:20-2:35 stairs with bus, near computer lab: Rutledge
- 2:20-2:35 entrance to parking lot/ sidewalk near Kinder: Raidmae/O'Hare
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk near library: Fisher
- 2:20-2:35 center island: Beckham
- 2:20-2:35 crosswalk by office: Cinadr
FREE FROM DUTY:
Ivory, Vigneault, Coony, Cycenas, Ilinescu
- Fire Drill 9:45a
- Ashley at DO from 1:30-3p for Placement Panel
- Final SLAB Class and SLAB Listening Party (3:30-4:00) All are invited to the listening party to see all of the great songs our students have composed.
- Inclusive Schooling Meeting - Kinder & 1st in Room 23 at 7:30a.
- Principal of the Day - Please welcome Villa Park Mayor, Greg Mills! AP at DO from 9-10:30a (ish)
- Modified Wednesday (12:20p Kinder, 12:25p 1st-6th)
- Keep bringing your recyclables to support Serrano - recycling Wednesday
- Student Lessons - Art Masters
- Cookie Dough Arrives for distribution
- Calendar Committee Meeting 7a in Staff Lounge - Donuts available
- 6th Grade Pride Assembly 1:30p
- Parent Lessons - Art Masters
- STEM Challenge 1:30p
- Ice Cream Sales
- Eagle Spirit Day - Show your Eagle Pride
- Track 2:30-3:45p, please bring water or plan on purchasing it
- 6th Grade City Days
- 4th Grade Water Field Trip
- MXL Log - Jane has done a GREAT job of tracking our students who attend MXL and for the reason. Please feel free to use the log as evidence in a conference, should you need it: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m7NXsKWPtf0X0LDF6AOcWv5Q5MpTU2vvypQmiuT_pq0/edit?usp=sharing
Below is the plan provided in the PD on March 2nd. If you would like support, please let us know!
DAY ONE: Preview Day - Log into the Interim Viewing System and preview the questions, on the overhead, of the Block you are giving (on Day Two) noting the tools available of each question and have students create a blank answer sheet.
DAY TWO: Students take their answer sheets and actually take the block individually on chromebooks or in the computer lab.
DAY THREE: Review Day - Log into the Interim Viewing System and go to the block. Review through the questions having students reference their answer from their answer sheet and justify in groups/partners/individually their answers and how they got there. This is a great opportunity to see if students are missing questions due to lack of knowledge or confusion with SBAC system. You can take this opportunity to teach or reteach skills the students struggled with.
PFT TEST - 5th Grade
5th Grade Teachers - please get PFT results to Mrs. Jones by next Friday 3.25 so they are inputted into the PFT system prior to break.
STEM CHALLENGE FRIDAY
Physical Education Standards
If you plan on utilizing some time throughout the week to fulfill your 100 weekly minutes of PE, please make sure you are leading activities that are in line with the State of California PE Standards and if you have questions or would like suggestions about activities, please see Mrs. McLeary. It is very important that the safety of kids is a top priority in any physical education activity. Thank you for your help in this endeavor.