Week of February 22, 2021
Hollinger's Island Elementary School
You will never succeed at something if you don't at least try.
ACAP STATE TESTING
-Remote and virtual students are also required to test! Due to the high security of the assessment, all students will be required to test on campus. You will receive more information on how this will take place, but for now, know that if your child is remote or virtual, they will not be testing with their regular class, but will be scheduled to test in an alternate setting.
-The State Department of Education requires that we reach a 95% student attendance rate for state testing. Therefore we need every student to test!
- February 26: Last day to submit a school transfer for next year This is for new students only, to include any sibling of a current HIES student.
- February 26: First Friday assembly of the year! We will split the grades in order to more easily maintain our social distancing. PK-2nd will be our first group, and grades 3-5 will participate the following week.
- March 5: Picture money is due for those who took makeups
- March 15: ACAP state testing begins (ends April 30)
- April 5-9: Spring Break!
- April 14: "Dress for Success" spring pictures