Northampton Parent Newsletter
It is hard to believe we will be starting our 2021-2022 school year next week! We hope you had a wonderful summer and made great memories with your family and friends. We sure have missed our COLTS! We are excited to celebrate our 50th year this year and look forward to seeing you all soon! Please read the information below to prepare for a smooth back to school transition. We know this is going to THE BEST YEAR YET!
News and Reminders
- Families must complete the annual Skyward update for every student. This must be done by August 12th. You can access this through Skyward Family Access. More information here. You will not be able to attend Meet the Teacher until the Student Enrollment in Skyward is complete. If you have a returning student, do not complete a new student enrollment, just complete the Annual Student Information Update!
- New Student Enrollment: For anyone brand new to our Klein Family, please use this link to begin the enrollment process. If you need assistance, or need to set up an appointment, contact Irene Rivas (email@example.com), our campus registrar. We look forward to welcoming you to the Klein Family!
- Meet the Teacher is on August 16th from 3:00-5:00! Teacher assignments will be posted in multiple places inside the school this day. We will also have multiple things going on in the cafeteria such as adding money to lunch accounts, getting your carpool number, obtaining information about your bus route, Campus Kids, etc.
- Parent Information Sheet: Here is the updated Parent Information Sheet for the 2021-2022 school year.
- 2021-2022 School Hours: Our school hours are 8:05-3:25. Students may start arriving to school at 7:40. Please do not drop your child off prior to 7:40, as staff members will not be on duty to supervise them. Breakfast will be available in the cafeteria starting at 7:40.
- School Entry: We are so thrilled to be able to welcome families back into our building! To enter the building, please have your ID handy, as you will be asked to show it and state the nature of your visit. Once entry is granted, you will be able to proceed to the front office. I know it is awkward, but please do not allow other visitors to follow you into the building, as we will need to validate each entry request. Thank you for your support with keeping our school safe! Lunch visits from parents can begin on August 30th, to allow time for the children to eat together as a class and learn cafeteria procedures.
- Car Rider Numbers: We will be handing out car rider numbers this year at Meet the Teacher. Even if you do not plan to pick up every day, it is encouraged for you to get a number. If you pull through the car rider line without a number you will be asked to park, enter the office and show your ID to pick up your student, as student safety is our number one priority. We recommend each family get a car number. Please help your students learn their numbers as quickly as possible in order to shorten the delays during the first week of school.
- Transportation Changes/Early Dismissals: There will be no transportation changes after 2:30. We do not do early dismissals after 3:00. Please send a note to the front office the morning of the early dismissal.
- Absences: Please send a note (doctor or parent) within 5 days of your student returning to school.
first day of school
All pre-ordered school supply packs to the students homeroom before the first day.
We do have a limited number of extra packets that can be purchased in the cafeteria at Meet the Teacher for those who did not pre order. They are first come, first served.
car rider information
PICK-UP: Car rider pickup will be in the front parking lot like in years past. Parents will enter by the gym and exit by the cafeteria. You must turn left when exiting the parking lot in the afternoons to continue to flow of traffic. Please refer to the picture below for the traffic flow.
Hello Northampton families,
Along with the rest of our PFO board, I would like to welcome everyone back to school! Parents are so important to our school’s success. The PFO is a great way to be involved and support our school. Supporting our school not only means fundraising, which is important, but it also means helping support school staff with our staff appreciation efforts, helping with student parties, organizing school activities, among other things. If you’re looking for a way to get involved, please reach out by emailing President@nhpfo.org.
We have so many fun activities coming up this fall for our students, including our Boosterthon Fun Run. Be on the look out for more information through the school’s Class DOJO, Facebook (@NorthamptonPFO), and Twitter (@Northampton_PFO). You can also register through Klein ISD to become a volunteer. This will also put you on our PFO email list.
We are looking forward to an amazing school year. GO COLTS!!!
upcoming dates - August/September
- August 16: MEET THE TEACHER (3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m)
- August 18: FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- September 6: Labor Day holiday
- September 9: Open House - 6:00-7:30 - Begins with a parent meeting in the cafeteria