Henry Hudson Bio
- Henry Hudson was born 1565 London, England
- He came from a wealthy family
- Hudson married a girl named Kathrine and had 3 sons - John, Richard, and Oliver. They lived in London
- In 1607 Hudson was selected by the Muscovy Company to command an expedition to discover the northern passage
- His ship is Hopewell, it was small and old
- 20 crew members
- In May of 1607 Hudson set sail
- June of 1607 Hudson reached Greenland
- He steered the ship further North and stopped in what later was called Whale Bay, 750 miles North of the Arctic Circle.
- September of 1607 Hudson landed at Tilbury, England.
- his second voyage was to the "New World"
- he was aboard the Half Moon
- the "Half Captain" John Smith
- in 1609 adverse conditions caused Hudson to change route
- He ignored his employers and said to the "New World" in search of the Northern Passage
- much later he returned to England
- in 1610 aboard the ship Discovery
- Hudson sailed back to the "New World"
- He sailed through the "Northern Passage" known today as the Hudson River
- soon sailed into a giant body of water which he believed to be the Pacific Ocean, but instead he sailed into the Hudson Bay
- in 1611 He sailed back to London, but was set to the shore, with his son, of the Hudson Bay by his crew
- Afterwards, Hudson was never heard from again