Cuban Missile Crisis
By: Katlyn Johnson & Bently Pagura
- Nikita Khrushchev
- Over the positioning of Nuclear missiles in Cuba.
- Closest they came to nuclear war.
- There was a blockade of Cuba.
- U.S. sought out survival supplies for bomb shelters.
- 1959 - Fidel Castro assumes power after the Cuban Revolution
- 1960 - Cuba openly aligns itself with the Soviet Union and their policies.
- 1961 - Khrushchev and Kennedy meet.
- 1961 - U.S. terminates diplomatic relations.
- 1962 - Senator Kenneth Keating tells the senate that there is evidence of Soviet missile installations in Cuba.
- 1962 - Missile sites photographed.