Tennessee Geographic Alliance
Tennessee Organizations' Events Offerings
Tennessee 101: Reconstruction to the Present
The Tennessee Historical Society is presenting Tennessee 101: Reconstruction to the Present, a series of lectures given by Dr. Carole Bucy. Lectures are scheduled on Tuesdays at 5:30 CT/6:30 ET. Pre-register for the remaining sessions by following the links below.
- August 31, 2021 The Era of Reform
- September 7, 2021 The Tumultuous 1920s: Reactions to Modernity
- September 14, 2021 Depression, War, and the New Deal
- September 21, 2021 Equal Rights for All Tennesseans
- September 28, 2021 Tennessee Enters the Digital Age: The Dawn of the 21st Century
UTK GIS Outreach and Engagement Laboratory
The UTK GIS Outreach and Engagement Laboratory will be hosting a series of workshops focusing on using Esri Educational resources this fall. Sessions are:
- only available via Zoom.
- will start at 8pm Eastern Time.
- will last one hour.
- free events!
The first event is on GeoInquiries and will take place on Monday, September 20th! Register HERE!
GeoInquiries™ are short, standards-based inquiry activities for teaching map-based content found in commonly used textbooks. Each activity is designed using a common inquiry model and can be presented quickly from a single computer and projector or modified for students’ hands-on engagement. Collections of 15-20 activities per topic enhance your curriculum throughout the year.
Tennessee State Science Teachers
TSTA has planned a series of monthly FLASH ZOOM sessions on topics of interest to science teachers at a variety of grade levels. We are offering these sessions free of charge this year but plan to begin charging nonmembers a small fee beginning in 2022. These sessions will provide one-hour of professional development to attendees.
- SEPTEMER 18, 2021 Learning Blade, Grades 5-9, Free TN STEM/CS resource
- OCTOBER 2, 2021 Using the 5E Learning Cycle
- JANUARY 8, 2022 Teaching Climate Science with Project Learning Tree
Tennessee History for Kids!
Tennessee History for Kids will hold at least six FREE after-school virtual inservices this fall.
All will run from 3:45 to 5:45 central time and offer participating teachers TWO HOURS of professional development. They include:
- Tuesday, September 14: Early Transportation Routes in Tennessee
- Tuesday, September 21: Highlander and the Civil Rights Movement
- Tuesday, September 28: Tennessee Constitutions and the Coal Creek Wars
- Wednesday, October 6: The Mississippi River and the Sultana
- Wednesday, October 20: 1917-1925: Suffrage, World War I, Influenza and Scopes
- Wednesday, October 27: Tennessee During World War II
For more and details, click this link.