APRES Weekly Newsletter 9/7/20
A Message From Principal Wilson
Greetings Dolphin Family,
I hope all is well. We have made it through three weeks of Universal Remote Learning. Thank you for all your patience as we continue to troubleshoot technology. I am so honored to be on this journey with you. Can you imagine how strong we will be once this pandemic is over? I am so impressed by the innovations that are happening right now. How resilient our scholars seem to be. We are going to keep the momentum going with your support! Thank you for being our partner.
As we enter into this fourth week of remote learning assessments will continue. Family please allow scholars to take the assessments on their own. I know you want to help them, but your help, is truly not helping them. If scholars test in a grade level that is above their ability this will create stress for them when teachers plan activities based on the assessment scores. I promise you it is okay to allow them to score on their own. All scholar's cameras must be on so teachers are able to proctor the assessment and assist with any scholar needs. If a camera is turned off, it will invalidate the scholar's score. All mics will be muted so there should not be any distractions. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Teachers will develop plans to address any needs the scholars may have. You will be amazed of how much they will grow by midyear. More importantly our scholars will be so proud of themselves for making so much growth in just a few short months. Thank you in advance for allowing us to do this work.
Fridays are asynchronous days for us. This gives scholars the opportunity to catch up on lessons they did not get to finish or take content assessments. On Fridays, scholars will have asynchronous lessons only. There will be no live lessons on this day after the morning meeting, unless a teacher is working with a small group or working with students individually. The teachers will be available to communicate with parents during this time if he/she is not working with students. Monday -Thursday will continue to have a blend of live and asynchronous lessons. On Friday, scholars will have self-guided lessons or assessments. This is another way to monitor screen time and ensure scholars are not on the computer all day.
On September 8, 2020 Phase I of Reopening will begin. PreK-2nd grade scholars will have the opportunity to come to Randolph for 90 minutes one day a week to be reacquainted or acquainted with the school. Scholars will interact with their teachers in their classroom in small groups. We currently have a little over 100 students taking advantage of the Phase I opportunity.
A few important reminders about the face-to-face return from our district are below:
1. Students will be expected to wear a face covering/mask while at school. Staff are also required to wear face coverings.
2. If your child is sick, please keep them at home and make sure they are fever free for at least 24 hours before return.
3. If anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 and you have been advised to isolate or quarantine, please adhere to the public health guidance and do not send your student to school until after the noted time frame.
4. Encourage your student to wash hands frequently.
5. If your child becomes sick while at school, you will be expected to be pick-up your child immediately.
6. Please alert school administration of any COVID-19 related concerns.
Fulton County Schools has developed protocols and procedures to respond to COVID-19 related cases and concerns. The district will continue to work in collaboration with our local and state public health officials and follow the appropriate guidance.
Please see important school-based expectations below:
- No visitors are allowed in the building.
- If your child is a car rider, they will need to be dropped off in the car rider area no earlier than 7:30 a.m. Temperatures will be taken prior to exiting the vehicle. You must plan to assist your child with exiting your vehicle.
- Parents will not be allowed to escort children to class.
- If your child is a bus rider please be at the stop 15 minutes ahead of time for drop off and pick up.
- Parents are not allowed to visit with teachers in person. We encourage you to communicate with your child’s teacher via email and phone calls.
- Supplies Needed:
Refillable water bottles (water fountains are used only for filling)
Learning supplies-Paper, pencils, headphones etc. (students will not be allowed to share materials)
We look forward to welcoming our PreK-2nd grade scholars for Phase I return to Face-to-Face. Please check the Fulton County Schools website, and check your email regularly for updates on Phase III re-entry which includes Randolph scholars in grades PreK-5th.
Parents, you have done a tremendous job supporting your scholars, our teachers, and our administrative team. We know this has not been easy for you, as it is still fairly new to us all. As we've faced challenges each day we've also experienced numerous victories navigating the virtual world. I truly believe we are resilient and will be a lot stronger on the other side of this. Thank you for your continued support.
Principal Wilson, Proud Dolphin
Daily Schedules (subject to change at the discretion of administration)
Contact your classroom teacher directly with questions.
Join Us Virtually For The Title I Annual Meeting Thursday, September 17 @ 9AM
+1 470-705-1712 United States, Atlanta (Toll)
Conference ID: 593 279 00#
Universal Remote Learning Updates
- Make sure your scholar knows to mute the mic when the teacher is teaching. The mic should be turned on only when the teacher requests for it to be on.
- Be mindful of your background. Everyone in the class can see what is happening in your homes. Please secure a space for scholars to learn away from distractions (both sounds and visual distractions).
- All scholars are expected to dress appropriately for the school day. No scholars should be in pajamas or underclothes when online. There will be times when scholars are asked to share their video and must be appropriately dressed to do so. This applies to parents and other family members who may be in the background as well.
- The virtual school day is for scholars to interact with their teachers and classmates in order to learn effectively. Parents, please refrain from engaging the classroom teacher during the lesson.
- All teachers have office hours to address parental concerns. Class time and transition breaks are not the time to engage staff.
- Many of the technology issues we experience are not occurring at the local school level. Do know when we have such issues, an email or school messenger call will be shared as soon as the problem is identified. Calling the front office will often times not fix problems that are not a result of something happening at the school level. We appreciate your patience with technology glitches and outages.
- Due to our scholars inability to fully access Specials classes (Art, Media, Music, and PE/Health) on TEAMS, we will adopt the asynchronous model for Specials until Phase III of return to Face-to-Face. You will receive a link to your scholars daily Specials assignments.
Instructional Materials, Packets, Resource Bundles & Devices
If you have a scholar in PreK - 2nd grades, please contact the front office to schedule an appointment to pick up resource bundles and Week 4 learning packets.
Front Office: 470-254-6520
If you have a device, and it needs repair please call 470-254-2300. We do not have any replacement devices at Randolph.
Did you know FCS has Video Lessons for Scholars?
Infinite Campus Parent Portal
We will not provide paper progress reports during Universal Remote Learning. The best way to stay abreast of your scholar's grades and assignments will be through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Use the link below to sign up for your parent account if you have not already created one.