The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of October 21, 2019
What will you learn about the world by sharing stories from your life & the lives of others?
Lesson Plans DUE
Monday, Oct. 21st, 8am
- F&P Benchmarking window opens today!
- Data is due on 10/30.
Star Student Luncheon
Friday, Oct. 25th, 11am-12:45pm
The Principal's POV on...BOOM Board Fun!
On Thursday, I was making my daily round of "birthday selfies" & I happened to walk into a classroom just as students were participating in mindfulness. This particular lesson: The BOOM Board! The teacher explained the activity & students quickly began writing their BOOM's on post-its. Then, it happened...I was invited to participate! Fortunately, I had my trusty cart with me so I grabbed my laptop and plugged into the projector. I let the class know that they were about to be let-in on a BIG secret. One that no student at Bullock has ever seen...and then the fun began!
Everyone watched with excitement as I pulled up last week's edition of the #BulldogBuzz & displayed our BOOM board! Everyone listened with fascination as I shared many of the "teacher" BOOM's from last week & gave a sneak preview from this week's "You're the Best" emails! Everyone smiled with glee when they learned that even grown-ups and teachers do this too!
Needless to say, this small moment "filled my bucket" and sent me home on Thursday night grinning ear-to-ear! I like to think that it put some verve into the day for the class (and their teachers), and that our moment was the topic at dinner tables throughout Glassboro! It just goes to show...when you are mindful and present in the moment, anything can happen!
News & Notes
New Teacher Academy w/Ms. Sochor: To all our new faculty, don't forget that this month's New Teacher Academy is on Monday, the 21st!
QSAC Facilities Visit: The NJDOE will be visiting us to do a facilities walk at some point this week. The focus for this visit won't be instruction, but they will be inspecting hallways, classrooms, boiler/art rooms, custodial closets, etc. See below for some important reminders!
- Only bottom windows of interior doors can be covered. All top windows must be completely uncovered.
- NO extension cords in classrooms or surge protectors plugged into other surge protectors.
- NO items can be hanging from ceilings.
- NO appliances in rooms (microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, etc.)
- NO candles, air fresheners or anything that gives off a fragrance.
- NO furniture brought in from home.
- They will look for ceiling clearance. Rule of thumb: two rows of cinder blocks must be clear between any storage items and the ceiling.
- Emergency evacuation egress procedures are posted at a student height.
Stop & Jot
Gr1 is LEARNING ABOUT THE WORLD from Ruby Bridges!
Words to Inspire...
YOU are the strategy!
TY to Mr. Aird for arranging a fun fall trip for Gr3!
Words to Inspire...
YOU are the strategy!
Bullock's BOOM Board!
- 2nd grade team, I love working with all of you! Rita
- Thank you Carl for putting together a great field trip to Duffield’s Farm!!
- Thank you to everyone for your care, concern and support as I go through this very challenging time. You all are the best- love my Bullock family!!! Jackie
- Thank you to Mrs. Aruffo for helping one of my students in need! You’re the best
- BOOM! To a couple of parents brought stuff to my classroom yesterday and helped me set some stuff up!
- I would like to give a shout out to Ms. Budney for always being supportive, proactive, and giving great advice.
- Thank you, Ms. Foreman, for your being insightful and your recommendations. I will be using them. I appreciate you taking time for me.
- Mrs. Brice: BOOM! Great lesson. I always enjoy them. Love the book you read to my class!
- Thank You Carl for putting the trip together! The students had a wonderful time!
Marian- for always being so helpful, kind, a good listener and an amazing friend.
Linda C.~Thank you for taking time out of your day to come down and help in our classroom! We really appreciate you!
Steph~Thanks for coming in early to help me with Karate Math! You’re the best!
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 10/07: Week of Respect (10/7-10/10)
- 10/09: Gr2 Team Meeting
- 10/10: Back-to-School Night
- 10/11: School Closed (Teacher Inservice)
- 10/12: School Closed (Columbus Day)
- 10/16: Gr3 Team Meeting
- 10/17: CAST Meetings
- 10/21: New Teacher Academy (w/Mrs. Sochor), F&P Window OPENS
- 10/25: Star Student Luncheon
- 10/28: Special Areas Meeting
- 10/31: Halloween Parade (1:30)