Principal News & Notes
an e-newsletter from Principal Bruggers
March 27, 2020
I hope this email finds you and your family doing well. Following an Executive Order issued by Governor Walz, schools are closed until Monday, May 4. During this closure, MVHS will provide instruction to students via Google Classroom. All students should use their school-issued Chromebook to access course material beginning Monday, March 30.
Our mission statement is to “build an inclusive community of responsible, respectful, and resourceful citizens who value learning”. Now, more than ever, we have an opportunity to come together as a school and community to fulfill our mission by keeping each other safe, healthy and engaged in a positive learning experience. I look forward to embarking on this new experience with all of our students, staff and families.
I believe whole-heartedly in our teachers. They have been planning diligently for the past week to make this process as smooth and productive as possible for students. We will be here to guide, support, and celebrate your success along the way. Please be flexible and patient and don’t hesitate to ask questions as distance learning becomes our new norm until May 4. We are all in this together.
- Take care of your physical and emotional well-being. If you have questions or concerns, email your dean.
- Check Google Classroom daily (Monday-Friday) for learning targets, assignments, and material. Assignments will be posted at 8:35 AM on school days.
- Contact your teacher via email with questions.
- Be prepared to check Google Classroom daily; complete all assignments on time; continue to practice honesty and integrity; advocate for yourself; and ask questions.
- All staff will post learning material via Google Classroom by 8:35 AM every morning.
- All staff will be available during the start of each class period. Teachers will clearly explain their availability via Google Classroom.
- Stay up-to-date on daily activities and events posted on Google Classroom.
- Check email regularly for updates or responses from teachers.
Spring Sports and Activities/Extracurricular Events
During the statewide school closure and potentially beyond, all co-curricular activities are on hold as we receive additional information from the MSHSL. This includes sporting events, plays, and student clubs and activities.
For more information, visit the Mounds View School District website. This website will be updated throughout the closure.
Again, thank you for coming together to support our students during these unique times. Please know - We care about you! We will work through this together! And most of all, we miss you!