Week of March 21
Week at a Glance
Monday, March 21
- Mother Goose visits K & 1st grade during library time
Tuesday, March 22
- Principal Meeting in AM
Wednesday, March 23
- All Star Luncheon-Sign Up in Lounge
Friday, March 25
- Holiday-No School
- Thanks to everyone for getting your classrooms ready for Open House. I think that is was a huge success. Kids love to show off their work to their parents. There were lots of families here and lots of smiles too!
- Thanks to Karen and Lisa for all of your work setting up the Austin trip last week. I big shout out to Mrs. Obert for staying late to help set up backpacks too. Thanks to Michelle B., Barbie and Jacqui for chaperoning on the trip as well. Our 4th graders were so well behaved. They did an awesome job answering questions about Texas history too. It was a great day!
- Thanks to Jeff and Dawn for leading sessions on our PD day. Thanks also for everyone's willingness to participate and learn.
- Thanks to Traci for getting the awards ready for our ceremony and to Michelle R. for making the slide show.
- Thanks to everyone that helped out during Tara's absence. Again, it is so nice when we pull together as a family to help one of our own in a time of need.
- Thanks to Jeff for teaching everyone new things about the SMARTboard. I think Jeff had something new to teach everyone. I would like to see everyone try one new thing with the SMARTboard.
- Thanks to all of you that are branching out and trying new things with your kiddos with technology to enhance learning. I would like for us to share some of these things in an upcoming staff meeting.
Tibits of Info
Please talk to Chad about any testing questions/requests for the upcoming STAAR tests.
This may seem like a weird request, but Richland Elementary was asked to make 4th of July Cards for the school board. I will send out more details this week about cards.
Please make sure that you get your grade level's school supply lists to Traci as soon as possible.
Open Enrollment will begin in April and it will be the only time it is open. If your child is from out of district or is not at their home school, please be sure to fill out the Open Enrollment form.
STAAR testing will be next week. Please make sure that the things in the hallways that could possibly assist kids on the writing, reading or math test is covered or removed by next Monday. Also, remember that we will have "closed lunch" on testing days.
- March 28-Meeting in the lounge at 3:45
- March 29-STAAR Testing 4th and 5th-Closed lunch (remind parents)
- March 30-STAAR Testing 5th grade- Closed lunch
- April 4-Staff Meeting
- April 4-20-Open enrollment period for students out of district or out of "zone"
- April 7-8-5th grade goes to camp
April 4- 15- -Progress Monitoring Window for STAAR 360
May 2-13-Progress Monitoring Window for STAAR 360
Open Enrollment Application
Click title for additional details or go to www.birdvilleschools.net/openenrollment
Colors: Red and Blue
Grade Levels: Pre-Kindergarden-5th Grade
Remind Staff Link Info: https://remind.com/join/resataff15