JPS Week Ahead for Families
Nov 16 - 20
Increase in Kingston COVID cases
JPS COOKBOOK FUNDRAISER!
Please submit your recipes to Janelle Salmon by email at JoycevilleCookbook@gmail.com by November 17th. If possible, please save your recipe as a word document and name it Recipe Category - Recipe Title (e.g. Main Dish - Lasagna).
Please include the below information for your submission:
- recipe category (Appetizer, Main Dish, Soup, Salad, Sauces/Dressings/Canning, Side dish, Snacks,Baking, Dessert)
- recipe name
- submitted by
- ingredients list and directions
- number of approximate servings
- any special notations (e.g. Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, etc.)
This Week and Beyond...
Students will be practising a modified lockdown/hold and secure drill sometime this week.
Monday, November 16 - Day 5
Tuesday, November 17 - Day 1
- Cookbook recipes due!
Wednesday, November 18- Day 2
Thursday, November 19 - Day 3
Friday, November 20 - Day 4
- Progress Reports go home
- JPS swag day! Show your Jayhawk pride!
December 1 - school pictures
See Yourself in Limestone Student Census 2020-21
Collecting identity-based information through the online Student Census will help us to identify the groups of students being underserved so that we can develop and revise programs, strategies, policies and teaching practices, as well as allocate resources and supports to improve school environments and help every student succeed.
This Student Census was originally planned for spring 2020 but had to be postponed due to COVID-19 school closures. Now that we have returned to school, we have rescheduled this confidential survey for the week of November 23, 2020. The board has made some changes to the questions to reflect the effect of COVID-19 in our schools. Based on public consultations and family and community feedback, the confidential census will now also include all students in Kindergarten to Grade 12.
LDSB are asking all families with students in Kindergarten to Grade 3 to complete one survey on-line for each primary student in your household. The Student Census is voluntary and confidential. You are encouraged to complete the census with your student to capture their thoughts and experiences. The survey will take approximately 20 to 30 minutes to complete. Paperwork will be going home this week with instructions. Grades 4 - 8 students will be completing their survey at school.
JPS School Council on Facebook!
Digital Citizenship Reminders:
- please do not post questions/comments regarding individual students - phone/e-mail teachers at the school to discuss individual students
- we have students that are not allowed to be on social media (names/photos), please do not post pictures of students (other than your own) on our page - the school may post some pictures, but only of students who we have permission to share on social media
- keep this page positive and celebratory! We have an amazing school and school community!
Like our page "Joyceville Public School Council"
BE PREPARED FOR BUS CANCELLATIONS
Tri-Board Student Transportation has indicated there will likely be more bus delays and cancellations this year due to circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Transportation to and from school is not guaranteed. Families should have a backup plan to transport their student(s) to school, and to arrange child care where required, if their bus is cancelled for any reason and they cannot transport their student to school.
Families should ensure they are signed up to receive direct notifications, either by email, or Tri-Board’s app. Delays and cancellations are also posted to Tri-Board’s Twitter account.
If students are unable to find an alternate route to school and cannot attend in-person due to bus cancellations, teachers and schools will work with affected students and families to ensure students are kept engaged in learning. Families should contact their teacher directly to determine a plan for the makeup of work.
LET YOUR BUS DRIVERS KNOW YOUR PLANS...
If you are driving your child, please ensure your child's bus driver knows your plans. This will help immensely. Thank you!
Revised COVID Screening Tool
The Ontario Ministry of Health has again revised the COVID screening tool for children in school. The main change is regarding symptoms that are commonly associated with other illnesses, such as a runny nose or headache:
- students with only one of these symptoms (not including fever/cough) will be advised to stay home for 24 hours, after which they can return to school if their symptoms are improving
- students with two or more of these symptoms (or one symptom if it is fever or cough) will be advised to stay home until they are able to consult with a health care provider and receive an alternative diagnosis or a negative COVID-19 test
Please see the newly revised Screening tool for Children in School and Child Care (October 1, 2020).
JPS Parent Council
Parent Council Exec:
Amy Currie - co-chair
Melissa Robertson - co-chair
Deborah Smith-Minaker - treasurer
Donna Maillet - secretary
If you need to get a hold of a parent council representative, here is their email:
JPS ON-LINE FUNDRAISNG
Our Parent Council has organized three on-line fundraising opportunities. All fundraising is being done on-line this year. Now you can shop from the safety and convenience of your own home and our school gets a kick-back!
Just download the app and put in the code. Every time you do an on-line purchase from the selected stores, a kick back will go to the school and no extra cost to you! See link below!
Get those precious items labelled with Mabel's Labels! Keep JPS's Lost & Found empty!
JPS E-STORE FOR SCHOOL SWAG
See below for our very own e-store! Now parents can order JPS swag whenever they want, pay on line. You can pick up at the store or have it delivered to the school. The school gets a kick back on every purchase!