Vol. 2 Edition 2
Welcome to the 2018-2019 School Year!
Welcome to YEAR TWO! Below you will see our Howler Hub Divided into sections.
- Actionable Items. To be completed by the end of planning week August 10th. Some items may take longer than others.
- Coyote Resources- These are bookmarked links to important information found in Sharepoint.
- Weekly Agenda- Tuesday has specific Instructions & Required Actions for Registration Day
- School News- Our School Crest, Spirit Store and More!
- Staff Howlouts- Shoutouts to staff members
- Calling all Coyotes- Volunteer or Leadership Opportunities
- Professional Development Opportunities- Offered by the district
- Coyote Voice-Submit your comments for praise or opportunities for growth. All suggestions are sent directly to Mrs. Hetzler-Nettles.
- Howler Hub Raffle Drawing due Monday Night!- The prize is unbelievable
Actionable Items required to be completed by the end of planning week August 10th
- Coyote Staff Introduction- If you have previously filled this out you do not need to do it again
- Staff Parking Form- If you have previously filled this out you do not need to do it again
- View the Faculty Handbook and then Complete the Faculty Handbook Acknowledgement Form
- Complete the Staff Emergency Contact Information Form
Emergency Lesson Plans
All instructional staff members must submit 5 days of emergency lesson plans. Please submit lesson plans with copies to our Guest Teacher Coordinator, Diane Wakeman, at the front desk by Friday, August 10th. Please keep the following in mind when determining your plans:
- Make lesson meaningful and engaging
- Ensure lesson will last the entire class period, if not over
- Lessons match the rigor of the standard
- Make lesson very explicit
- Lessons cannot include technology
Additionally, each classroom must have a Guest Teacher Binder. Click here to view what needs to be in your binder.
Student Mini Sessions- Please check the schedule!
- 2018-2019 Committee Member List- View this to see what Committee you are on
- Staff Semester Duties and Duties Map- All staff members are required to do a morning or afternoon duty 1 semester a school year.
- School Policies- Including Tardy, Attendance, Communication Devices, Media & More
- Staff Responsibilities- Admin, Media, Clerical,Leadership Team and Counselor Duties
- Staff Phone List- You'll want to bookmark this one!
- Staff Meeting Schedule and Trauma Informed Care Groups for Meetings
- Updated Master Schedule
Student discipline resources – all things discipline related (statement forms, Minor Incident Referral, referral instructions, PBIS rewards digital system cheat sheets)
Sharepoint Bookmark to put in mypasoconnect dock.
Monday August 6th (Dress Casual)
Staff Hours- 8:00- 3:30
8:00 - Breakfast, Cafe
8:30 - #TheCoyoteWay Instructional Staff Kick-Off, Cafe (Hetzler-Nettles/Macri)
9:30 - Mindfulness Trauma Informed Care Kick-Off, Cafe (Patricia Jackson)
11:00 - New Teacher Mentor/Mentee Meeting, Cafe (Gricoski)
12:00 - School Leadership Team Meeting - Lunch Provided (3-102)
2:00 - Department Meetings (Various Locations)
3:00 - Voluntary CPR Training, rm 02-113
Tuesday August 7th (Professional Dress)
*Hours determined by orientation day assignment. Please note that you are expected to work a full-length day, but part of your day will be filled with an orientation day duty assignment. Feel free to bring “business casual” clothes to change into after your orientation day duty assignment.
IMPORTANT ACORN INSTRUCTIONS- (Acorn is how we take online payment)
ACORN LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS
- The link to access the Point of Sale to record student payments is: https://pos.rycor.net/login/pasco. This link, as well as other useful information such as the Teacher Training Video and User Guide can be found at http://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/acorn_employees.
- User IDs are listed and are employee’s Pasco Schools email address without the “@pasco.k12.fl.us”. Default passwords are employee’s User ID + their Employee ID (example jsmith812345). Employees may be asked to change this password after their first login. If an employee does not know their Employee ID, they will need to access it through Employee Self Service from myPascoConnect. Upon login to ESS, select View profile near the top right of the screen to see Employee ID.
- Please make sure that staff log into the system prior to the day they collect funds to ensure they are able to access the system.
ACORN PRACTICE SITEStaff to access the testing/training environment to practice the payment taking process, the information is below:
- NOTE: BELOW IS NOT THE LIVE POINT OF SALE SITE AND IS JUST FOR PRACTICE
- Here is the link to the Point of Sale testing/training environment: https://pos.rycor.net/login/pascoqa
- The testing/training environment will be available on July 30, 2018, the same day that the Parent Portal will be loaded and ready for online payments for 18-19 Orientation.
- For your school, the test User ID is POS-Teacher-CCMHS and test password is CCMHS
- Please note that these generic credentials will not work in Live and that teachers and staff cannot use their credentials to log into the Sandbox.
Wednesday August 8th (Casual Dress unless going to District Meetings)
Office of Teaching & Learning District Training Day:
Staff Hours 8:00 - 3:30
Thursday August 9th (Casual Dress T-Shirt and Shorts acceptable)
Staff Hours 8:00 - 3:30
8:00 - Mini Sessions 30 min each- Click here to view the mini-session schedule & view your group (on second page of the mini session handout)
11:00 & 1:00 - Technology Training in media (must attend prior to checking out Technology and to receive your remotes to your projectors/apple tvs)
2:00 - HS Teachers meet w/Tracey from Equal Opportunity Schools, Cafe
3:00 - Voluntary CPR Training, rm 02-113
Friday August 10th (Casual Dress, Shorts & Coyote Gear for picture)
Staff Hours 8:00 - 3:30
8:00 - Faculty & Staff Meeting/First Day and First Week Procedures, Cafe (Admin)
9:00 - Staff Picture
9:10 - Crisis Plan Training, Cafe (Macri)
9:30 - Bus Driver Training, Staff Lunchroom (Ferry)
11:00 - ESE/Gen Ed. Support Facilitation Meeting, RM 03-128 (Hawk)
12:30 - Teachers w/Pack Leaders meeting, RM 03-227 (Melsheimer)- You will be notified via email from Ariel Manning by Tuesday if you have a pack leader
1:00 - Coaches Meeting, RM 02-113 (Pelliccia/Gricoski)
Coyote Spirit Store
August 2nd to August 8th
August 10th to August 16th
August 20th to August 24th
Our School Crest
Important Dates and Events
August 11th- School will be Open
School will be open from 8am-11am for any last minute classroom set up
August 20th, 2018
Tampa Bay Heart Walk with Sam Mazzeo (Our Student who went into cardiac arrest last year and was saved by our staff)
Calling all Coyotes!
Join our PTSA
It's Only $5!!
In need of three volunteers for heroes among us
Heroes Among Us – Congressional Medal of Honor Character Development Professional Learning
For the 2018-19 school year Pasco County Schools will be partnering with the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation to promote their character development curriculum: Heroes Among Us. The Medal of Honor character development program is a resource designed by teachers to provide students with opportunities to explore the important concepts of courage, commitment, sacrifice, patriotism, integrity and citizenship and how these values can be exemplified in daily life. Teachers will learn strategies on how to embed the curriculum and have the opportunity to meet a Medal of Honor recipient and hear how these values can help students demonstrate their personal best in and out of the classroom. We ask that each school send three teachers / staff members to the Heroes Among Us: Medal of Honor Secondary Curriculum – MyPGS course # 2288 on Thursday, September 6th from 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM: substitutes, breakfast, and lunch will be provided by the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation. Please see the attached flyer for additional information.
Professional Development Opportunities
Gifted Endorsement Courses
Pasco County Schools will be offering gifted endorsement courses for free throughout the school year to provide our teachers an opportunity to develop their knowledge about gifted education and add the endorsement to their teaching certificate. Gifted teachers must be endorsed or actively working towards endorsement. In order to receive endorsement, teachers must complete 5 courses. The courses are blended formats with 3 mandatory face-to-face classes and the bulk of the coursework completed online. While these courses can be helpful — all participants complete the course with lessons, strategies, and activities that can be used immediately in their classrooms — they are 60-hour courses. Participants should plan to devote an appropriate amount of time each week to complete the research and learning activities.
This document lists course information. Please share this with your teachers and have those interested complete the registration request form for the 2018-19 school year. Teachers that have been tagged to gifted students will be prioritized for enrollment. Please contact Kristin Ingold with any questions.
Howler Hub Raffle Drawing
The drawing will be for K-Cup Coffee Cups and Unlimited Copies- DON'T MISS OUT