By: Thomas Brostrom and Jake West
Salary, Benefits, and Perks
Constitutional Requirements for being President
Decision Making: The president must make important decisions involving the country.
Conflict Resolution: The president must diffuse conflicts between people and countries.
Motivation: The president must be motivated to help better the country.
Goals: The president must have goals to help improve the country.
2. Issue treaty's for things like war and trade. (legislative)
3. He can veto a bill . (legislative)
4. Make executive orders. (executive)
5. Fill open seats in the Supreme court. (judicial)
6. He can appoint his own cabinet . (executive)
7. He has executive privilege. (executive)
8. Manage the budget of the U.S. (judicial)
9. Issue pardons in cases he sees fit. (judicial)
10. Power to declare war on a nation. (executive)
I think that the power to veto a bill is the most important because it reinforces our system of checks and balances.
Roles of the President
2.Chief legislature: Tell Congress your opinions when they draft legislation.
3. Chief executive: Has power to execute laws passed in Congress.
4. Chief of state: Represent our country in many public events .
5. Chief diplomat: Negotiating with the leaders of other nations.
6. Commander-in-chief: Commands the United States military.