Dr. Augustine Ramirez Intermediate
April 10, 2020
We hope this email finds your family healthy and happy! We miss seeing your student's smiling faces every day. I don't know about you but this stay home order feels a little bit like we've all been "grounded", and that was never a consequence I enjoyed much!
This week our teachers have been working hard to find the best ways to engage our students in learning starting April 13. Of course, we have a few teachers who are "naturals" with the digital learning environment and have done a fabulous job at continuing the learning already. Others of us have a little "learning" to do ourselves before we can launch quality learning for our students.
Next week, you can expect to hear from all your student's teachers with details on how students will receive information and learning expectations. Many of our teachers are using Google classroom, which helps keep the learning in one place. Some have opted to use Canvas as a platform for learning, so students may have to check multiple sources to find work for the week. Email is also a trusted means of communication, so please remind your student to check their CNUSD email regularly.
Speaking of email, we have heard that a few students are being asked for new password on the CNUSD system. If you have any issues like this, please email any teacher or administrator and we will work to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. Email addresses for teachers are available through Parent Connect and Student Connect. Emails of administrators are available at bottom of page.
We are also in the middle of planning for next year. There are several items that must be completed to help us plan well for our return to school in August.
1. Parents need to complete enrollment paperwork located on ParentConnect. This is due each year.
2. Seventh grade students need to choose classes they would like for the upcoming school year, including choosing 6 electives they would like (just in case some fill up). They do so by logging on to Student Connect. (See instructions below)
Please know we are here to help as we venture together into a distance learning environment.
Instructions for Choosing ARIS Classes Online - LAST DAY
Due April 10
1. Log into Student Connect at https://studentconnect.cnusd.k12.ca.us
2. Enter your LOGIN INFORMATION. This is your normal login information you use when you are at school.
3. Select the FUTURE TRACK/SCHOOL.
4. Select REQUESTS on the left side of the screen.
5. Select ADD/EDIT REQUEST on the right side of the screen.
6. Your REQUIRED courses are already on the screen and you are not able to edit these.
7. Select your desired courses on the left side. Please add any Pre AP choices, Medical Science, and your 6 electives requests. If you are requesting Traditional Art, please add VISUAL ART S1. If you are requesting Drawing and Painting, please add VISUAL ART S2.
8. Click ADD SELECTED CLASS.
9. When finished, select SUBMIT.
**Interested in an APPLICATION ELECTIVE?? Please refer to the Ramirez website for the application. Take a pictures or scan your application and email it toARISregistration@cnusd.k12.ca.us
by APRIL 10, 2020.**
**Having trouble with your online course request?? Email ARISregistration@cnusd.k12.ca.us**
Completing Online Registration and Enrollment
Dr. Kim Seheult - email@example.com
Mr. Harold Stryker - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Allison Hawkins - email@example.com
For enrollment and registration info: ARISRegistration@cnusd.k12.ca.us