T.C. Williams Library
January 2013 Monthly Report
Instruction & Collaboration
We had 51classes use library services during January. Classes included:
- Renaissance (McGill)
- AP European History Independent Book Analysis (Deville)
- Modern Slavery (Kratovil, Hogan, Dietz)
- Research skills (Divan, Martin, Henry)
- Literacy (Martin)
· Ran a promotion to spark renewed interest in our TC READS books.
· Set up a collection of “Read and Return” books for the satellite campus to enable them to have a free lending library.
· Elective Fair Jan 29th -- talked to current & future TC students & parents about e-book and database offerings
· Purchased $ 6,000 of new books, $2500 for database renewal, and approx. $2,800 for supplies; and processed approx. $ 7,500 of books previously ordered.
· Created displays for new materials, Abraham Lincoln, Books into Movies, Printz Awards, Youth Media Awards and Martin Luther King
· Hosted a return visit from Woodson H.S. librarians after our visit to them in December.
· Setting up for a new crop of after school library volunteers for 3rd quarter.
· Featured a book display at the January 11 faculty meetings.