Kindergarten Kingdom News...
Mrs. Johnson's and Mrs. Lawlor's Kindergarten Class
We are learning...
Ask your student to tell you about Nubs!
Math: We learned about nickels this week. Students compared nickels and pennies and worked on recognizing the differences between the two coins. We also measured our apples and made a real apple graph! In case you're wondering...we did eat our apples too!
Science/Social Studies: We are learning about matter. This week we talked about sinking and floating. We did an experiment to find out which things would float or sink. We also designed boats to see how many bears they would hold before they would sink. This was such a fun activity! We loved splashing the boats into the water!
Cooking with Apples!
We had so much fun cooking with Carter's Mom this week. We made apple pies and they were so yummy! Thank you Mrs. Yarbrough for cooking with us!
We measured with apples! It was fun to see how many apples tall we measured!
We designed and made clay boats. The winning design held 12 bears. We may have some future engineers among us!
Cooking with Apples!
- Please log into BLOOMZ to sign for a fall conference. Fall conferences can be scheduled for the week of October 5-9. Please email me if you have any questions or concerns about scheduling a conference.
- The Book Fair ends Monday, September 28th. Thank you for the books donated to our classroom!
- Please read the information below about our field trip scheduled for Wednesday, September 30th.
- Class t-shirts were sent home in your student's backpack today. If you did not order a t-shirt, that is fine. Our class color is lime green.
- Boosterthon information will be coming home next week. This is our major school fundraiser. Our class has the opportunity to earn some fun rewards. Please consider participating in this school-wide event.
- Amari was our Knight of the Week this past week. It is Bella's turn next week!
- A BIG thank you to everyone that volunteers to help our class. We appreciate you!
Field Trip Information...WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30TH!
Mrs. Basarab, Mrs. Bowers, Mrs. Combs, Mr. McCuin, and Mr. Yarbrough are our five chaperones riding the bus. All parents are welcome to join us at the farm.
Please have your student wear jeans and our class shirt (if he/she has one). Jeans or long pants are usually the best idea since we will go on a hay ride and the hay can be itchy. If the weather is cool, your student may want to have a light jacket or sweater as well.
We are looking forward to a fun day at the farm! We are monitoring the weather and hoping for sunny skies!
September 29: Boosterthon Pep Rally
September 30: Kindergarten Field Trip to Southern Belle Farm (8:30 am-1:30 pm)
October 9: Boosterthon Fun Run
October 9: Please turn in a copy of your poem and permission form for our Poetry Recitation
October 12: Fall Break- NO SCHOOL!
October 13: Teacher Workday- NO SCHOOL!
October 16: Report Cards go home
October 22: Classroom Poetry Recitation