Finding a Job!
Assistance with your Career Search
NIU Career Services
Career Services is committed to helping students achieve their personal career goals. To support this endeavor, they offer:
- Individual career counseling
- Résumé and cover letter preparation
- Credential services for educators
- Classroom and other workshops on interviewing, networking, job search strategies, business dining etiquette, and career-decision making
- Practice interviews
- Internships and Co-ops
- Online postings for internships, part-time jobs, and full-time employment
- Well-trained staff with a range of specialties to encourage career growth
Resources on the Environmental Studies Page
What can I do with a degree in Environmental Studies?
Create a Linked In profile
Below is a list of LinkedIn features and tips that can help you find the job you're looking for:
- Register for our free Job Search Webinar.
- Build your network.
- Update your profile.
- Ask for recommendations from the people who know you best.
- Tell your network you're looking for a job by posting an update from your homepage.
- Use LinkedIn Jobs, advanced job search or Boolean logic to search for specific results.
- Check the "Jobs You May Be Interested In" and "Jobs In Your Network" sections on the Jobs page.
- Save Jobs to track opportunities you find on LinkedIn.
- Use the Linkedin Job Search app for iPhone.
- Find tips and tricks in the LinkedIn Blog.
- Learn about our Job Seeker Premium account.