The Nile River
Transportation and Trade
- Egyptians were safe from enemy's because of the Nile
- Winds from the south pushed the sailboats up north of the Nile.
- The Nile flows from south to north not north to south not like other rivers.
- The reason Egyptians did not travel much is because that they were afraid they would die without the proper burial or not be prepared for the after life.
Calendar and farming
- Farmers used irrigation to trap flood waters and they used it to water their crops. Egyptian had three seasons of four months on the their calendar
- The Nile three seasons of the on the were Akhet flooding season,Peret the growing season , and shenmu the harvesting season.
- The three most important plants by the Nile are wheat, flax, and papyrus.