DBQ Online Self-Paced Courses
DBQ U - 2021 Late Summer and Fall Offerings
DBQ 101 Course Description
These self-paced courses familiarize teachers with The DBQ Project Method. Teachers will learn how to make the DBQ process engaging and powerful for students. Participants will work through the steps of The DBQ Project Method at their own pace, pausing to reflect and practice along the way.
- Courses will launch on August 15, September 14, October 12, November 9, and December 14.
- DBQ 101 is equivalent to our DBQ Full Day Introductory Workshop.
- Courses are available at no charge.
- This self-paced course takes between 5-6 hours to complete.
- Courses will be open for a month after launch.
- Participants will receive a certificate of completion when they finish the course.
Note! While the self-paced courses center around specific units, The DBQ Project Method, which drives them, is applicable to all DBQ Project material. New courses coming soon!
Early Jamestown: Why Did So Many Colonists Die? - Elementary focus
Valley Forge: Would You Have Quit? - Elementary and Middle School focus
What Were the Primary Reasons for the "Fall" of Rome? - Middle and High School focus
A Question of Scale: How Wealthy is Brazil? - Middle and High School focus
What Was The Underlying Cause of World War I? - High School focus