Sra. Pizzuto Spanish Newsletter
Dear parents and students,
Have a Fun and Safe Halloween!!!
Yours in education,
7th and 8th grade Spanish
IMPORTANT HAC [HOMEWORK ACCESS CENTER] ANNOUNCEMENT
A clarification needs to be made in regards to HAC. Sometimes I will create an assignment in HAC but will not enter scores right away. That "empty space" counts in HAC as zero. [that's just how it's set up]. When I put in the values, after having graded that assignment, students' averages go back up.
Please let me know if it makes sense and whether you have any questions.
Students are expected to continue practicing their essential vocabulary: adjectives, verbs and grammar (regular verbs, ser, estar, and adjective agreement).
This week, students demonstrated their knowledge of content and grammar by way of a writing prompt.
How to study for Spanish assessments
Students also created travel brochures for their chosen region. Below are the pictures of some of them!
This week, we have transitioned into learning about specific sites in Spain. There are 9 of them that we will cover. At the end students will have a debate, arguing for and against a certain site.
TRAVEL BROCHURE PROJECT
Resources for 8th grade
RELAXATION PRACTICES IN MRS. PIZZUTO'S CLASSROOM
below are the benefits of such practices:
1. reducing stress
2. reducing chronic physical pain
3. boosting body’s immune system to fight disease
4. coping with painful life events, death of a loved one or major illness
5. dealing with negative emotions like anger, fear, and greed
6. increased self awareness to detect harmful reactive patterns of thought, feeling, and action
7. improving attention and concentration
8. enhance positive emotions: happiness and compassion
8. increasing interpersonal relationships
9. reducing addictive behaviors
10. enhancing performance, work, sport, academics