Carver Middle School Newsletter
March 17, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
Thank you to everyone who attended the STEAM Fair at CTC Hull Street yesterday. Carver MS was well represented as our team placed in two separate events! Thanks to Mrs. Mann and our Science and Math Departments for preparing our students to compete with students across the County!
We are quickly approaching the end of the third nine weeks and Spring Break is right around the corner. Many students will have summative assessments and projects due over the next two weeks. Parents, please remember to utilize ParentVUE to be aware of your child's progress in his/her classes. If you have questions about assignments please contact your child's teacher directly. If you need assistance with ParentVue please contact our School Counseling Department.
We have a PTA meeting scheduled tomorrow in the Library at 6:15 please come out and show your support.
We also have several home athletics events at Carver this week. We would love to see you at our games and supporting our teams!
Thank you and let's make this week great Cougars!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
March 19 3pm - Girls Soccer @ Home vs Bailey Bridge MS
March 20- Girls/Boys Track Meet @ Home vs Providence MS
March 21-Girls soccer@ Home vs Falling Creek MS
March 27-28- MAP Testing
March 29- Student 3 hour early release
April 1-5- Spring Break
- Starting March 4, 2019, seventh and eighth grade students will no longer report to the cafeteria for breakfast. Students will have grab and go breakfast stations on their grade level hallways and will eat breakfast in classrooms.
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.
- Carver mornings are postponed until further notice.