Alexis, Sky, Autumn, and Melody
Hinduism and Buddhism
- Both are Polytheistic religions and believe in multiple heavens and hells
- They believe in spiritual practices such as meditation, concentration, cultivation of certain states of minds
- Both believe that desire is the main cause of suffering
- They both believe in Karma and rebirth
- Both believe that all living spirits will eventually reach enlightenment, no matter how many incarnations
- Both Hinduism and Buddhism originate from the Indian Subcontinent
- Hinduism was not founded by a particular prophet, while Buddhism was founded by Buddha
- Buddhism doesn’t believe in the existence of souls and “God”, while Hinduism believes in Atman, the individual soul of Brahman, the supreme creator
- Refuge in the Buddha, the Sangha, and Dhamma are the three cardinal requirements on the eightfold path, while Hinduism offers many choices for it’s followers on the path of self-realization
- Buddhist organize themselves into Sangha (monastic order) and monks live in groups, while Hinduism is a religion of the individual
China’s Rise Economically and Growing Influence Around the World
Has become the third largest trading nation
Most cell phone suscribers in the world here
Has 3 trillion in foreign currency reserves; loans money to developing countries.
They loan more than the world bank.
China sells products all over the world, from the Sahara to the Amazon jungle to Australia, China exports.
Mandarin is taught in schools from Virginia to Argentina
Aids Africa (billions)
The Caste System:
aryan system of social classes
cornerstones of hinduism.
4 basic castes:
Brahmans (priests and scholars)
Kshatriyatras (rulers and warriors)
Vaisyas (farmers and merchants)
Sudras (artisons and laborers).
further divided into smaller groups over time.
Outside of the castes were dalits, or untouchables, who had the lowest class in indian society.
Each person is born into the castes system and according to the religion, they have a moral duty to their caste called dharma.
In the caste system the people “belong” to their classes, and if they do well in the life they live in now, their next life will be in a higher class. However, if you are born in a lower class, you don’t have any right to complain because of dharma. Basically, it is like saying if a person is born black to a slave, it is their duty to be a slave for their life. The system is extremely racist and gives the people on the bottom few human rights.
North and South Korea Conflict
Kashmir Conflict: The indian independence act 1935 wanted to divide up india into the union of india and the dominion of Pakistan which later on became an independent Pakisatn in 1947 so then they had to make a choice of whether to be a part pakistan or India Kashmir was ruled by a Hindu named Maharaja Hari Singh in 1947 a Muslim revolution of freedom took place which made Marharaja sign the instrument of accession to the Indian gov’t which made them control Kashmir this was not right by the Pakistani tribes and the Muslim revolution so they moved forward into the region and then Marharaja had to face military powers. Marharaja tried to get India to help but India refused to help,until Marharaja was a part of India. the Marharaja Jammu and Kashmir Hari Singh did not join Pakistan or India he signed a agreement with Pakistan in 1947 though and tried to sign a alike agreement with India but at the time the rise of Hindu's and Muslims and Sinkhs arose October 22 1947 the northwest frontier province invaded Kashmir Singh was aware and nervous and tried to get india’s military support, but yet again not until apart of India he finally signed October 27 1947 and on the same day India’s reinforcements drove back the invaders. then this Pakistani guy Mohammed Ali Jinnah was annoyed and ordered Lt.Sir Douglass Gracey to send Pakistani troops into Kashmir but then he changed his mind and sent military supplies to the invaders
China's 1 child per family policy
Definition:otherwise known as the “Family planning Policy” and is the population control of China.
Story: A Chinese Enforcer from China,killed a 13 month old baby by driving over him after the parents did not pay the fine for not listening to China’s one child policy.
- A news said that the parents were supposedly “agitated” because they “violated” the one child policy by refusing to pay a fine.