Week of April 11 - April 15 Vol.1 Edition 29
Cabell will be a premier 21st century school that caters to the needs of the whole child in a vigorous personalized learning environment.
Personalized Professional Learning and
Development Proposal (P2LD) 2016-2017
We pride ourselves on personalizing learning for our students because we believe that students have personal and individual needs. Similarly, we believe that adults (educators) also have personal and individual needs when it comes to professional development. So we spent part of our last Design Studio brainstorming ways on how to personalize our PD's even more to meet the needs of our teachers. Equally exciting, the district is using the "personalized learning model" approach for its required PD credits for the 2016-2017 school year.
We will meet and discuss our PD Plan for the Fall as a staff, but I wanted to share some IMPORTANT information with you for your convenience as you plan for summer and your return in the fall.
- As a Personalized Learning Campus, our PD sessions will count towards the two days/14 credits of personalized learning for the district.
- Cabell teachers will return to campus on August 8th.
- W. T. White feeder pattern PD day is August 17th.
- Our PD date range is August 8th to August 19th (included are two work days for teachers)
As for the district, the 2016-2017 School Calendar, teachers will continue with a 187-day contract. The days will be broken down accordingly:
• Student Instructional Days 175• Professional Development Days 7
• Teacher Work Days 4
• Parent Conference Night Credit (2 nights) 1
Teachers will complete two days/14 credits of district provided personalized learning prior to the start of the 2016-2017 school year. Teachers will have two options for completing this training. They may complete the training during the summer or return August 10 and 11 to complete the training.
Teaching and Learning will provide the two days/14 credits of personalized learning. Teachers will work with their principals to determine the learning they should select. Teachers will receive information detailing the process for signing up and documenting credits.
Teachers will return to their home campus August 12 to begin four days of campus-based professional development and two teacher work-days prior to the return of students. Teachers who choose not to complete the two days/14 credits will be docked accordingly.
Cabell Chargers Girl's Soccer Club
Mock STAAR and TERRA NOVA/SUPERA
- Mock STAAR, 3rd and 4th, Tues 4/12 and Wed 4/13
- Terra Nova/Supera, Wed 4/13 and Thurs 4/14
- PTA meeting, Tues 4/12, 5:30pm
- Tutoring, Tues 4/12 -Thurs 4/14
- CAR program, Wed 4/12-4/14
- Farmers Branch Police Youth Service Center, Upper Grades, 4/15, 10 &11 am
On the Horizon...
- During April & May, Construction - the abatement contractor will work after school hours, in the crawl space, installing a make safe area for the contractors to work
- April 21st, Construction - Boxes will be delivered, Move Solutions will distribute to classrooms
- April 25th @ 3:15 PM - Construction, Pack meeting , conducted by John Conway, Rm 114
- May 5th, Cinco de Mayo Celebrations @ Cabell
- May, Field Day (date TBD)
- DI Globals, May 24-28, Knoxville, Tennessee.
Habits of Mind: Persevere
This mind set describes one’s ability to see a task through until the end. It is “stick-to-it-ness.” We need to help students learn to keep trying and not to give up easily. This mind set also helps students understand that failure is a part of life and that one can learn to move beyond the setbacks and still be successful.
our mission is to promote student success through a high quality education. For every child to succeed, we must hold students and ourselves to high expectations. Only the courageous pursuit of excellence will lead to success.