September 10, 2021
You have received information this week regarding confirmed cases of COVID-19 that have been identified here at Sherwood. For clarity, based on our investigations, there are no connections between the recent cases at Sherwood. As a precaution, and out of an abundance of caution, the District completed enhanced cleaning of the entire building on Thursday, September 9th.
We ask that you continue to be follow local guidance to help mitigate the spread within our community.
Rachel & Kevin
Panda STARS Recognition
Each week we will be pulling 10 Panda STARS to recognize some of our amazing pandas! These pandas are in the photo above.
SHINE BRIGHT PANDAS!
S - Safety
T - Teamwork
A - Academic Attitude
R - Respect
S - SUCCESS
Due to the day of non-attendance for the observance of Yom Kippur we will begin our SHIELD testing on Thursday, September 23rd.
You can read more detailed Shield testing information HERE.
Thank You Mizrahi Grill!
Please remember to submit your CrisisGo self certification prior to each visit in order to enter the building.
At the moment, we also need to verify your COVID Vaccination Card. It would be appreciated if you could show it to Mrs. Nataly Garcia (Secretary) at your earliest convenience. You will only need to show your card once. Once it is verified, you are all set to volunteer at Sherwood.
Car Line Sign
Mrs. Skiest passed out many signs today. If you didn't not receive one please see this link to print a copy from home or ask for one next time you are in the car line.
Thank you for your continued partnership as we strive to improve our procedures.
112 Education Foundation FUNd Run 2021
The FUNd Run is scheduled for Saturday, October 2 at Ravinia Festival. We are excited to offer two options to participate in 2021:
- Runners and walkers can register for the IN-PERSON 5K Run or 1-Mile Family Walk on Saturday, October 2 at Ravinia Festival.
- Runners and walkers can register to participate in a virtual 5K or 1-Mile Family Walk. This option allows participants to complete the event on their own schedule and on a course of their choice (Oct. 2/Oct. 3).
Procedures for Communicating PM Transportation Changes
The system will only email the primary contact for certification. If you need to change that contact, please submit a technology support ticket.
Administrators and staff will have access to a list of students who have not self certified. Students who do not complete the self certification process will not be admitted into the building. Thank you for your cooperation on this important safety matter.
Hello Sherwood Families!
The Sherwood PTO has many fun things coming up in the near future, but to be sure that you never miss out on upcoming events, please be sure to register/create a free account on the PTO site - http://www.SherwoodPTO.org - so you will be a part of our email list! For step-by-step instructions please click HERE. If you are a returning family, and have done this in the past, no need to sign up again - you will be included again this year!
- Please visit the PTO Website now, and often, as we update it regularly with new links and events. http://www.SherwoodPTO.org
- Sales are now open for PTO Memberships, Birthday Books, Birthday Signs and Angel Fund donations. Please login to our PTO site to make a purchase or donation. * We want PTO memberships to be available to everyone. Angel Fund is available to purchase a PTO Membership. Please contact Principal Filippi (email@example.com) for details.
- Spiritwear is for sale through September 10. Please visit the PTO Website to order or use this link: Sherwood Spiritwear
- Yes, Food Days will be returning to Sherwood! Please watch the PTO website and your inbox for updates from the PTO.
- Yes, After School Enrichment Classes are returning to Sherwood! Please watch the PTO website and your inbox for updates from the PTO.
- The PTO calendar is populated and new dates are added all of the time. Please be sure to monitor it on the PTO Website, or in your Paperless PTO App!
We look forward to seeing and working with ALL OF YOU! Thank you for your ongoing support of our Sherwood PTO!