Mustang Messenger -Special Edition-
September 9, 2020
As I shared with you last week, The PHM School Board approved a plan to bring our elementary students back to school for in-person learning! We are thrilled to be able to see our K-3 Mustangs next week, and our 4-5 students the following week! You can find that communication HERE.
The Mary Frank Return to Learn Plan is attached below so that you can review how the teachers and staff at Mary Frank will welcome back students in a safe environment. (Please note that the building will still remain closed to visitors and to the public until a time TBD.)
NEW DETAILED INFORMATION is shown in a graphic below giving you additional information on our Virtual Learning experience for students choosing to remain virtual.
Additionally, there are PHM produced videos highlighting our transportation & safety protocols, cafeteria safety precautions, and custodial cleaning protocols.
Once you have reviewed that plan, it is imperative that you complete the questionnaire (survey) for EACH child that attends Mary Frank. Important things to note::
- If you have already completed this questionnaire, you do NOT need to do it again.
- If you have not completed it, please do so ASAP.
- If you you wish to change your response, please EMAIL us directly to indicate that change. Email: Kelly Forsey (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jen Pfarrer (email@example.com)
- We would greatly appreciate you completing this questionnaire before Friday, September 11th.
- In this questionnaire, you will indicate your desired choice for instruction: VIRTUAL or FACE-TO-FACE.
Please remember that on Thursday & Friday, September 10th & 11th, students' virtual learning will be more in an eLearning format with only 1 brief check-in with students each morning at 8:00am. The rest of the day will be recorded lessons with activities and/or assignments. This is to allow our teachers time to prepare their rooms for students on Monday.
Additional information in this Mustang Messenger:
- PHM Kids Club site if you need to register your child for before and/or after-school child care.
- There is a link to PHM InfoFinder i site that will provide you with information regarding your child's pick-up and drop-off information should you opt to utilize the PHM transportation busing service.
If you have any clarifying questions, please feel free to contact me or the school office.
In Service of Your Child,
Click below for a PDF of the updated version of the Mary Frank plan::
Complete the questionnaire below by Friday, Sept. 11th.
Please complete this form once for EACH child you have at Mary Frank. (Middle Schools and High School will come separately.)
PHM Elementary Virtual Learning
Back to Face-to-Face School Checklist!
Check with your child EACH morning for signs of illness.
- If a chld has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, they should NOT come to school. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your child has a sore throat, a cough, diarrhea, severe headache, vomiting, or body aches, consider calling their doctor immediately.
- If your child has had close contact to a COVID-19 case, they should NOT go to school. Please contact the school to inform us of a known exposure.
- Mask to wear on the bus and into the school Day 1? (NOTE: Mary Frank masks and lanyards will also be distributed to students once they are at school.)
- Materials that went home in the totes should return WITH your child.
- Backpacks are fine for students to use.
- Totes AND Chromebooks (with chargers) should also return with students.
- Refillable water bottles may be brought to school. (NOTE: Make sure their name & grade level is prominently displayed. Water bottles will be thrown away if they are left behind with no name.)
- Transportation - Does my child know how they're getting home from school on Day 1? (If it's by bus, students should know their bus driver.)