Home of the Aledo Bearcat E-News
March 11, 2021 • aledoisd.org
Spring Break March 15-19; Student Holiday/Teacher Work Day March 22; School resumes March 23
Important upcoming dates and info:
- Spring Break is March 15-19 - have a safe and enjoyable week!
- Monday, March 22 is a Student Holiday and Teacher Work Day; School resumes as normal on Tuesday, March 23.
- Tuesday, March 23 is the first day of the final nine-week grading cycle.
- District administration will take a waiver to the AISD Board of Trustees to approve later this month and submit that waiver to the TEA for the instructional days missed for the mid-February winter storm. At this point, we do not anticipate using or going to school on the Bad Weather Makeup Days on April 16 and May 17.
- The Aledo ISD is working on Summer Camp information, including athletic camps and Camp Fire. We will release details soon, so stay tuned!
District Recognizes Spring 2021 Circle of Greatness Special Honorees
The Aledo ISD administration team made four surprise stops Wednesday afternoon to celebrate the district’s spring Circle of Greatness Special Honorees.
The district recognized Aledo High School math teacher Dan Shedd (professional), 18-Plus/Transition aide Tawanda Garner (paraprofessional), Charles Zuber from maintenance (auxiliary) and tutor Adeana Chasteen (guest teacher).
Anyone can nominate an employee for Circle of Greatness via the Aledo ISD website, and the district recognizes a Special Honorees in each category (professional, paraprofessional, auxiliary and guest teacher) in December, March and June. Overall winners chosen from the Special Honorees are revealed during Aledo ISD Convocation in August.
Do you want to recognize an employee for going above and beyond and embodying #GrowingGreatness? Nominate them today for the Aledo ISD Circle of Greatness!
Bond Pictures of the Week
AHS FFA students host Books in the Barnyard
We love seeing this kind of exceptional experience happening with our oldest students leading and teaching our youngest Bearcats! Awesome job, Aledo HS FFA!
AHS One-Act Play Advances to Bi-District!
In addition to advancing, the team won Outstanding Crew and Best Crew Member for senior Jackie Pillow.
In the acting area, seniors Riley Wolfe and Alyson Kessinger were named to the All-Star Cast, and junior Brendan Rivers received an Honorable Mention medal.
Camp Fire offering programming for Aledo ISD students on select student holidays
Colorguard Auditions March 29-30
Breakfast for lunch at all campuses on March 12! We will be serving pancakes and sausage - come and get it!
New lunch menu items are coming March 23, and some of your favorites are returning. Menus are available online here or on the Aledo ISD app.
SNAP Benefit Replacements Due to Winter StormOn February 19, 2021, Governor Greg Abbott announced that the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) has received federal approval to allow Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients to apply for replacement benefits for food lost or destroyed due to the severe winter weather by dialing 2-1-1.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
The Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) is coordinating the rollout and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines all across Texas. They have created a COVID-19 Vaccination Plan for Texas which includes phases that identify groups of individuals eligible to receive the vaccine first, and then next and so on.
The Department of State Health Services also provides a map of locations all around the state showing where providers of the vaccine can be found. Anyone eligible to receive the vaccine now can reach out directly to any of these providers to verify eligibility, and request an appointment time to begin the vaccination series. The DSHS map can be accessed here.
Individuals seeking the vaccine do not need to go to their doctor or PCP nor even get the vaccine in the area or county in which they live. Here is where you can find information about COVID-19 vaccines in Parker and Tarrant counties:
- Parker County Hospital District: Appointment slots for FIRST doses of COVID-19 vaccine open online on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 8 a.m. Appointments for your second dose will be scheduled when you receive your first dose. If you have difficulty accessing the website, call the Hospital District at 817-341-2520 to schedule an appointment. All vaccines will be given by appointment only.
- Tarrant County Public Health: click here to request vaccination appointment.
Thank you 2020-2021 Bearcat Backers!
Aledo ISD and the Aledo Education Foundation are partnering once again for the Bearcat Backer program, and we'd love your support!
As our district is #GrowingGreatness through exceptional experiences that empower learners for life, we are committed to fostering relationships and partnerships with our outstanding businesses and organizations to help support our Bearcats. Your partnership provides a direct investment and benefit to our Bearcat students and staff.
If your business is interested in joining our Bearcat Backers program, please visit our Bearcat Backers webpage that includes sponsorship levels as well as a commitment form to fill out.
Thank you to our 2020-2021 Bearcat Backers!
Gold Level Sponsors
Christi James - TWFG Insurance Services
JW Mechanical Systems
Silver Level Sponsors
ARK Family Dentistry
City of Aledo
City of Willow Park
Cook Children's Physician Network - Willow Park
East Parker County Chamber of Commerce
Paradigm Wealth Management - Christopher Roberts
Reading Friends Aledo
Slade & Nash
Your Personal Chef
Please complete this form if a student or employee has ever tested positive, shown symptoms or been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.