Springfield Mavs 11U AAA Update
December 6, 2015
Musial Awards Wrap Up and Request
Hope everyone enjoyed the event! We think there were a lot of great take-aways for all the players, coaches and families.
If you would, please have your ball player drop a quick "thank you" to Marc Schreiber for the invitation and tickets to the event. Marc is the Executive Producer for the event and was the person that provided the opening remarks. Marc is who is aware of our citizenship coin program. If you can have your ballplayer sign the card with their name and jersey number and "Springfield Mavs Baseball" that would be great! Thank you for doing this!
Vice President - Marketing & DevelopmentSt. Louis Sports Commission
308 N. 21st Street - Suite 500
St. Louis, MO 63103
Adopt a Family - Items due to Mitzi Lewis on Monday!
The items are due to Mitzi Lewis by Monday, December 7. The items should NOT be wrapped. Items may be dropped off at The Vision Clinic.
They should however be marked/tagged with the name of the child. Big Brothers Big Sisters will wrap the items for the family.
State Tournament & Other Tournament Updates
Stay tuned, we will be working on the schedule this month, so we can provide you as accurate of a schedule as we can for our parent meeting.
Uniform Fitting Day
Play it Again Sports
Time: TBD, but likely to start at 9 am.
Uniform Numbers - Jersey numbers have been submitted to Play it Again Sports. Thank you.
Uniform Details - The club will be having a coordinated look for all teams. The good news for the 11U AAA is that Troy designed such popular jerseys that last year's design will be used by all teams this year.
That means, that IF your jersey tops from last year are in good shape, clean and not stained and still fit, you will not need to purchase a new columbia or navy uniform top as well as a few other items. In saying that, if using last year's items, they must fit and be in good condition (that means clean and not ripped). Returning Mavs will have some cost savings with the other Mavs Club teams adopting and agreeing to our look.
Uniform Items for 2016 11U AAA Mavs
Prices as provided by Play it Again Sports 12/4/15
- Rawlings Navy Matte Helmet w/ Decals - $30 (ALL - Returning Mavs as needed)
- MLB Game Hat - $21 (ALL, it will be a new design)
- MLB Practice Hat - $21 (ALL, it will be a new design)
- Chromogear Columbia 2 Button Jersey Top - $50 (ALL - Returning Mavs as needed)
- Chromogear Navy 2 Button Jersey Top - $50 (ALL - Returning Mavs as needed)
- Day 3 Alternate Jersey is TBD but would be $30-50 if we have one (ALL)
- Columbia Belt $3.50 (ALL - Returning Mavs as Needed)
- Navy Belt - $3.50 (ALL - Returning Mavs as Needed)
- 2 New Pairs of White Easton High Sock Pants w/ 3 Stripe Braid - $24-26 each (ALL)
- 2 Pairs of Striped Columbia Socks - $8 each (ALL - returning Mavs check inventory and condition)
- 2 Pairs of Striped Navy Socks - $8 each (ALL - returning Mavs check inventory and condition)
- Black Mizuno Franchise 9 Cleats - $32-$36 (ALL)
- Mizuno Backpack Bag w/ logo and # embroidered - $49 (ALL)
January 14 - Newk's Fundraiser
Thursday, January 14
We will receive 10-15% of the total take from everyone that attends. People do not have to mention the Mavs or produce a flyer or drop anything in the black box! Our percentage, 10 or 15% will be dependent upon how successful we are for Newk's. The boys will help serve and bus tables for this event.
1- Tip Jar Coordinators:
2 - Decorating and Coordinating to Make Newk's look "Mavy"
3 - Shifts to Work: 4:45 to 7:00
- Ripper (until 6:10)
- Brooks (until 6:10)
4- Shift to Work: 6:45 to 9:00
Need to hear from: Crighton
Indoor Practices at 2K Sports Determined - Mark Your Calendar
February 14, 21, 28
March 6, 13
*NOTE - We skip Super Bowl Sunday (February 7)
Location: 2K Sports
Time: 5:15 to 7:00 pm
- 5:15 - Discussion and team stretching begin, west turf area
- 5:30 to 7:00 pm - Indoor Workouts
Format: We will have the entire facility this year and will coordinate and share the large field and batting cages with our 10U team.
2016 Preliminary Tournament Dates (Subject to Change)
This is not set in stone. This could change!
March 25-27: Off (Easter)
April 1-3: Play
April 8-10: Play (Jonesboro, AR- Global Quadruple Points)
April 15-17: Play
April 22-24: Off
April 29-May 1: Play
May 6-8: Play (Mother's Day)
May 13-15: Off
May 20-22: Play
May 27-30: Play [(Memorial Day - Super NIT) - Kansas City]
June 3-5: OFF
June 10-12: Play (Big Trip)
June 17-19: Play
June 22-26: State Tournament (Nevada)
June 29-July 3: Global World Series (Branson)
July 24: Club wide tryouts for 2017 teams
Fall 2016: There will be two (2) tournament weekends required. Most likely the fall tournaments would be at the end of August and one in September.
Please let us know of any questions. A complete and updated schedule will be provided at the January parent meeting.
Buffalo Wild Wings teams with the Mavs for Home Team Advantage Program!
It's a simple and easy way to raise funds!
- Go to either Springfield Buffalo Wild Wings Location
- Tell them you are with the 11U AAA Mavs
- Show them your Home Team Advantage Card (Take a photo of card and store on phone). You were emailed this previously.
- 10% will be donated back to our team.
Share your card with family and friends. Recently a single team (like ours) received a $1,000 donation!
We have a team committee structure. BOLD CAPS is chair person. Detail on the committees will be emailed.
- Fundraising Committee - LANCE, Darin, Wayne, Wes, Carla and Stephanie
- Facilities and Field Committee - DALE, Jimmy, Shawn, Todd
- Player Development Committee - TROY, Lance, Dale, Brad
- Team Activities |Group Outings for Travel Weekends Committee - MITZI, Kim, Allison, Carla
- Community Outreach and Public Relations Committee - DENISE, Mitzi, Allison, Carla, Stephanie
February Fundraiser - McAlister's
East Sunshine Location
Wayne Bushnell of the fundraising committee is organizing a McAlister's Deli fundraiser for the 11U AAA Mavs. This fundraiser will involve delivering entree's to tables and getting drink re-fills. We will have an opportunity for tips as well.
The date is TBD, but we have requested our traditional second or third Thursday in February.
Springfield Mavs Baseball
The Springfield Mavericks are a competitive youth USSSA travel baseball organization and is a sports outreach program of Glendale Christian Church. The Mavs call Glendale Christian Field on the Glendale Christian Church campus its home.
The Mavs and member families have partnered to improve the land and baseball facility at Glendale Christian Church with the Springfield MO Little League so families and kids can enjoy the game of baseball.