Be a Game Show Host!
Increase Student Motivation & Provide Academic Feedback
Looking for a way to actively involve your students in classroom review and exit tickets? This session is primarily for whole class instruction and will give you free resources and ready-made templates to engage student interest while incorporating technology tools and providing prompt high-quality feedback. This will be a fun and engaging atmosphere for students!
TEAM Strands: Academic Feedback, Motivating Students, Activities & Materials
2d. Provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments aligned with content and technology standards, and use resulting data to inform learning and teaching.
- Participate in a variety of web-based games from a variety of sites.
- Evaluate the game platforms for what will work best with your material.
- Choose at least one platform and create your own game for your students.
Quizlet - Create and quiz with virtual flashcards
- Browse decks or create your own
- Review in class as a whole or invite students to access your decks outside of class
- Students can play games such as Scatter or Space Race with the questions in your decks
- Students can create their own decks
- There's an app for that! https://quizlet.com/mobile
Kahoot - BYOD game for the classroom!
- For students: kahoot.it
- Create a fun timed interactive game
- Students can play on their mobile devices or in a computer lab setting, questions are displayed on a projector
- Download results for academic feedback
- Browse thousands of Kahoots or create your own (create and share with your PLC!)
- 5 ways to make your Kahoot awesome! CLICK HERE
- Lesson ideas for Kahoot CLICK HERE
Quizizz - Like Kahoot, but with a twist!
How to use Quizizz as a Mini Assessment