App It! FVRC FREE Winter Event 2017
Apps & websites for the literacy-based classroom
Beth is in her 25th year of teaching. In her tenure she taught at the elementary, middle, and high school levels in both special education and as a reading specialist.
Did you know?
Moira and Beth met 20 years ago and were both teachers in the same school. They went on to work together as administrators, yet remained friends as their professional careers took them in different directions. Both ladies have a love of teaching with technology and have been presenting on this topic for over 5 year for the Illinois Reading Council Conference and school disricts in Illinois!
Moira has been in education for 27 years. She taught at the middle school level and was an administrator as well.
Did you know?
Fox Valley Reading Council presents our FREE winter event...
- APP IT! is a FREE member appreciation event! Members can bring friends, and their technology-smart phone, Ipad, laptop, tablet, etc.
- We will be giving away two Kindle Fires!
- This workshop will demonstrate apps and websites that have been tested in their classrooms from reading improvement (small group) to regular education (whole group). They will share resources and examples through photos and video, allowing time to explore and work collaboratively. (K-9)
Saturday, Feb. 4th, 8:30-11:30am
3S600 Herrick Rd
Earn 3 CPDUs! Bring your phone to instantly scan the QR Code to register for PD hours!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
BOOKS FOR BABIES
Baby's First Book - One of Fox Valley Reading Council's Community Projects
We collect and donate new books for newborns at all our events, and give them to Northwestern /Delnor Hospital in Geneva, and Rush Copley Medical Center in Aurora.
- For your convenience, we are thrilled to have Usborne Books and More join us on February 4, 2017 and provide a variety of baby and children's books to purchase and donate right at our event!
- Also, shop for books for your classroom, to keep, or give as gifts!
- For more information, contact Bobette Dodson or Dawn Lutz at: email@example.com
Global Pencil Project
For our international project we collect pencils or $1.00 at our events.
How do I help? It is simple! Donate new pencils at one of our FVRC events (number 2 preferred, but colored pencils acceptable) and we will ship the pencils to children in Kenya, Ethiopia, and Guatemala through the Pencil Project Organization.
Help us make a difference and supply pencils/school supplies to needy students in other parts of the world! Thank you in advance for supporting literacy worldwide!