- Must be 35 years or older
- Has to have been in the US for 14 years or longer
- Must be a natural born US citizen
- The retirement benefits received by former Presidents include a pension, Secret Service protection, and reimbursements for staff, travel, mail, and office expenses.
- Salary = $400,000
Constitutional Powers of President
1. Be commander in chief of the Army and Navy when called into service.
2. Require the opinion of the principal officer in each executive department.
3. Have power to grand reprieves and pardons.
4. Make treaties.
5. Nominate and appoint ambassadors, judges of the Supreme Court and all other officers of the United States.
6. Fill up all vacancies during the recess of the Senate.
7. Give to Congress information of the state of the union.
8. Recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient
9. On extraordinary occasions convene both Houses, or either of them.10. Receive ambassadors and other public ministers.
- I feel the most important in the command of the Army and Navy, because this plays a huge role in relations with other countries
- Honest, Be honest with the people
- Communication, Communicate with the people
- Positive attitude
Issues facing us today
Health care reform has been at the top of the talking points for almost every politician over the last eight years, and with the recent roll out of the Healthcare Marketplace, the discussions are just getting louder.
Student loan debt has become one of the worst financial nightmares for many, and at the same time, the education they receive is sorely lacking when compared to the rest of the world.
Obesity is one of the biggest issues in America. America is one of the unhealthiest countries in the world. The rate of obesity has skyrocketed in recent decades and shows no signs of slowing down.