Linda Hoff's Tech Tips
Tech Tuesday March 26th
QR Codes in Education
What is a QR Code? It is a QR or Quick Response Code which is basically 3D barcode. QR Codes are popping up everywhere and are gaining in popularity in education. They are easy to make and use. You only need a mobile device with a QR reader and you are ready to go.. Educators have found many ways to use these codes in the class.
Basic QR Code
QR codes can be basic black or they can be multiple colors or integrated images.
QR Code Creator
There are many types of creators; kaywa, qrstuff, the-qrcode-generator, smartytags
QR Code Readers
There are many QR readers; I-nigma, QR Reader, Scan
- Create Book Summaries for Classroom Library
- Scavenger Hunts
- Students submit work using QR codes
- Solving word problems
- Create a Multiple Choice test that has QR codes in the place of answers with the students required to scan their answers for automatic correction of test results.
- Have the students create their own QR codes or submit an assignment as a QR code
- Include QR codes on printed worksheets to allow students to link to further reading online