Congratulations, Lee Raezler!
This Week's Events
Monday, April 14
- (Spanish; 8:15-9 in LLC)
Tuesday, April 15
- Kathy @ SSC for elementary principal meeting; a.m.
- (After School Tutoring; 3:30-5 in LLC)
- (Spanish; 3:35-4:20 in Music Room)
Wednesday, April 16
- Staff meeting (Guided Reading Module 2); 8:30 a.m. start in LLC (K-2; 3-5 will split up after intro)
- (ELL Tutoring; 3:30-4:30 p.m. in LLC)
- (Girl Scouts; 3:30-5 in Art Room)
- Community Engagement Session #4; 7-9 p.m. at Monroe
Thursday, April 17
- IEP/Intervention Team meetings as scheduled
- Lowell Spirit Day
- Cook's Night Out @ Barone's of Glen Ellyn
- Aaron Reynolds author visit
Friday, April 18
- No school
- Staff foundations survey due (Sent via e-mail 4/12 & linked here)
District 200 April Staff SEL Module
Tech Tip: Take a Virtual Field Trip
Coming next week in tech: iPad resource page & screencasts for converting Google Docs
If your class goes outside during the day....
Culture Fest is Coming
Friday, April 25 from 6-8 pm will be our annual Lowell Culture Fest. We will have food (a professional crepe maker is something new this year!). We will also have tables representing over 12 countries and entertainment including our own Katerina Rallis and her Greek dancing troupe! Second graders will also sing. We could use some staff help in the following areas: 3 people to help supervise the food table and 3 people to supervise the craft tables. If you would like to bring food from your family’s country of origin or host a table, that would also be welcomed! Please click here to sign up or contact Beth or Jo if you can volunteer!
Next Staff/Committee Meetings
Anticipated 2014 Meetings - Please double check report card trainings & staff meeting moved from 4/30 to 5/1.
Remaining April Staff Meetings
- April 16
- April 23 (Caffeine & Curriculum)
- April 30 moved to May 1
BLT: TBD (Agendas & notes)
Wellness Committee: Monday, April 14 in the Office Conference Room
Instructional Team: Tuesday, April 22; 8:30 a.m. in LLC
Behavior Task Force: Wednesday, May 14; 9:15-noon
Technology: TBD (Agendas & notes)
Aide monthly meeting: April 24; 8:30-9 a.m.
Long Term Planning
As we keep communication within school and with our parent community a priority, please communicate any important dates that parents may need to know. Please be thinking about special events that you or others in our building may host so we can plan for timely communication of those events.
- Between now and April 25: Our 3rd and final evacuation drill remaining
- April 17: Aaron Reynolds
- April 22: Step Up Day at Franklin
April 24: Northside District 200 Band Festival; 7:30 p.m. @Wheaton North HS
April 21-25—Turn Off the Tech Week
- April 25: Culture Fest
- April 29: Wheaton North athletes at recess
- April 30: Mile Run @ Wheaton College ( 3rd: 9:45-10:30; 4th: 10:30-11:15. 5th: 11:15-12:00)
- May 2: Grade 2 Field Trip
- May 3: Lowell 5K
- May 7: Kindergarten Visit for Class of 2027
- May 9: Teacher Appreciation Lunch
- May 13: Lowell Fine Arts Festival 7:00 p.m.
- May 16: Beautification Day; 3:30-5
- May 16: Retirement Party @ 5:30, Cheeseburger in Paradise Downers Grove
- May 22: Kane County Cougars game
- May 29: PACE open house; 5:30-7 p.m. (Current PACE students and parents)
- June 6: 5th Grade picnic
- June 9: Discovery Day/Field Day; 5th Grade walk @ 3 p.m.; Volunteer Luncheon
- June 10: Last Day of School