The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of February 8, 2016
How does thinking like a scientist help us understand our world?
Rodgers School Family Valentine's Dance
Thursday, Feb. 11th, 6:30pm
Inservice Day - School Closed
Friday, Feb. 12th, 8am-3pm
- Please check your email for the day's schedule.
The Curriculum Corner: Growing Independent Writers, Part I
As you work through this process you will quickly see who needs more assistance getting started & can even hold a quick small group mini-lesson (key word being "mini") to review expectations/topics with some of the remaining students. Like much of our routines, this learning can be supported by an anchor chart as we launch the writer's block and can include the following:
When it's time to write independently we...
- Go back to our seats quickly & quietly
- Prep our tools (pencils, writing folders, seed notebooks)
- Reread our piece & continue writing
- Review our Seed Notebook for ideas if we are starting a new piece
News & Notes
- If you are out sick, please contact Source as early as possible. This will help ensure that we have coverage. It is also imperative that you keep a set of "emergency plans" in your classroom. They should be updated regularly & should be kept in a visible spot along with emergency procedures & our medical folders.
See below for some updates from the SOS Committee:
- We are planning a luncheon to celebrate Teacher and Paraprofessional of the year. Sign-up in the main office to bring in cuisine for this celebration.
- Pi Day (March 14): We will celebrate Pi by bring in our favorite pies and sharing with each other.
- Go Crazy for Cookies Day: We will celebrate April by bring in our favorite cookies and sharing them with each other.
- The “What makes my Day” Notebook: This is a notebook filled with your co-workers favorite things. If you celebrate someone, please come to the main office and get some ideas.
You're the Best...Quotes from the Staff!
- A shout out to the SOS committee. Love all your ideas!!!
- Welcome back Venetia! You were missed!!
- Welcome to the Second Grade team, Lynn McConnell!
- Julie, you are a wonderful addition to our classroom! Thank you for all of your hard work in helping our students.
- Shout out to Aileen for being so creative with her class and such a good friend!
- Thank you to all the staff in the lunchroom and the kitchen, you work very hard!
- Thank you to everyone who checked in on me while I was out and when I came back. It really is a great feeling to work with so many people who care!
- Thank you to Patti for getting my room together for my subs on Monday and Tuesday. You are too sweet!
- Thank you, Mrs. Young, for guiding the kids through the garden survey!
- Donna thank you for making copies, laminating papers and taking care of everything I need for “Dot Week”. You are such a kind and generous person!
- Madji thanks so much for your help last Tuesday. You are awesome!!!
- Alex and Heather it was great collaborating with you last Friday!
- Jackie A. thanks for all your talks!
- Thank you staff for the birthday wishes and support!
- Thank you to the SOS committee for their dedication and creative ideas helping in rejuvenating Bullock School.
- 02/04 - Faculty Meeting (3:00 PM, Media Center)
- 02/05 - African American Read-in/Real Men Read Visit
- 02/10 - Grade 1 Dot Day (9:30, Gymnasium) & Bulldog Buddies Meeting
- 02/11 - Rodgers Family Valentine's Dance
- 02/12 - Inservice Day
- 02-16 - SIT Meeting: ELA Units
- 02/18 - One-One PLC (Chapters 4-6); CAST Paperwork DUE; PTO Meeting
- 02/19 - Bulldog Buddies Universal Reward - Fall in Love with Reading!
- 02/25 - CAST Meetings
- 02/26 - Star Student Luncheon & Multi-Cultural Club Performance