Surviving in the Wild
If you wanna be a survivor, you're gunna have to make a fire
Making a fire.
- First thing to do is find some tinder (dried moss, wood shavings, or shredded plant fibers)
- Gather firewood
- Make a small nest around the tinder, such as dry leaves.
- Be sure to keep a small hole for the coals.
- Make a small bow using strong curved piece of wood and a shoelace or any other type of string.
- Next you will need to get a medium sized flat piece of wood and small straight stick that has a rounded end on it.
- Then find a rock with a flat side on it.
- Take everything you just got and put it near you so you can get it fast.
- Then grab the bow, the stick with the rounded end, the flat piece of wood, and the tinder.
- Make a loop in the rope and put the stick in it and put the rounded end on the board.
- Then put your foot on the board and the rock on the other end of the stick.
- Pull the bow back and fourth while pushing down on the rock with your other hand.
- Continue this until you can start to see a small ember for on the board.
- Place the ember in the tinder pile and start to blow on it slowly.
- You will start to see the tinder catch on fire and start to cover it with sticks and keep blowing on it softly.
- The fire will start up and then continue to put sticks on it to keep the fire going.