James Monroe May Update
During the month of May, it is also a time we show appreciation for our teachers and school nurse. The James Monroe staff is absolutely stellar! Their training, dedication and creativity in adapting to these unique expectations has been tireless. Our community is successful because of our wonderful staff.
Please take a moment to continue reading about important news and upcoming events.
With warm regards,
Mrs. Cyndi Tufaro
Mrs. Maggie Callahan
Breakfast & Lunch
- will receive a take-home breakfast at the end of each day
- will be given a weekend bag with lunch and breakfast
- will have the option to eat school lunch or eat a lunch from home (students will have the option of a vegetarian option if needed).
If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out! Here is the link for the menus.
Important Attendance Reminders
- The school day starts at 8:55 am. Teachers will be taking attendance daily. Please make sure your child is logged on or arrived to school and ready to start each morning at 8:55.
- If your child is attending in-person, you must call the school to notify the main office if they are not coming to school.
- In-person students must be present because the classroom teacher is prepared and expecting them to attend their classroom.
- Please email your child's teacher and school administration if your child needs to stay remote due to sickness or quarantine, which is the only acceptable reason.
Virtual Field Trips
Thanks to our PTO for sponsoring these special events!
- 5th graders toured the American Revolution Museum and the Constitution Center in Philadelphia.
- 2nd and 3rd graders participated in hands-on science experiments!
- Kindergarten and first graders learned all about rescued wild animals with Eyes on the Wild!
Join us for fun events throughout the Month of May!
May 3rd-May 7th: Teacher Appreciation Week!Wednesday, May 12th 6:00pm-7:00pm: Mathemagical Night! Join us for a night of math fun including games, read alouds and activities.
Friday, May 21st 5-7pm: Outdoor Book Fair!
Thursday, May 13th: No School, Eid
Monday, May 31st-June 1st: No School, Memorial Day
Join us for Math Night!
PTO Spring Bookfair!
If you prefer, you can shop online from May 13th - May 26th. Click HERE for the online store.
Our new parent helpdesk and support solution addressing your Enrollment, Technology and Transportations requests