RWHS Student Newsletter
Breakfast Changes for grades 7-12
Only breakfast food items will be served from 8:50 AM until lunch.
A la carte items (chips, cookies, etc) will be available before school and during lunch only.
REMEMBER: You must have a pass to be in line during class times, 1 person per pass.
Coffee Shop Hours: (starting Jan 3rd)
M,Tu,Th,F: 8:20 - 10:45 am
Wed: 8:20 - 10:35 am
Service Ends @ the beginning of
3rd period for 7-12 Grade.
- Jordan Williams has such a positive attitude every single day! He comes into advisory and greets everyone around him, and he is kind and enthusiastic about everything we do together. His positive energy is a great influence on others! -Mrs. Roschen
- Morgan Richter has been an amazing student helper in the media center. We are always able to count on him to help where needed.. He has learned how to part out old Chromebooks to save the useful parts for reuse. He has helped with book inventory, cleaning Chromebook and has been will to help where needed. He has grown into an amazing, smart and hard working young adult.! His future looks bright. -Mrs. Mitchell
- Miriam Jackson and Miley Clemens both jumped in to help students who were in need of help with the felt ornament project. The were kind, patient, and were willing to work with everyone. They were very helpful Elves!! I couldn't have finished the project without them. -Mrs. Simonson
- Yearbook Crew - Isabelle, Ellie, Natasha & Kraig: Thanks for ALL coming through with Distribution - You're Awesome and I know you'll all help build and create a GREAT YB for this next year! -TBowes
- RWHS National Honors Society: Awesome Awards Night this past month and great representation all semester - in the halls, at events and even in Mr. Chalmer's absence while he's recuperating from surgery! Way to Go NHS!! -TBowes
- RWHS Gymnastics Team for all of the hard work they put into their home meet! Most athletes don't have to prep for an event performance, set up the entire gym at 9pm on the night before the event AND clean it all up when the event is over... but you don't complain! Keep up the great work and positive attitude ladies! -Mrs. Bray
IMPORTANT COVID INFORMATION
A friendly reminder from Nurse Vikki to stay home if you are experiencing ANY illness!
Please access the Red Wing Public Schools District COVID page if you need more information about our Covid protocols.
Please leave a message with your child's name, symptoms and the date the symptoms started, along with your name and phone number. If our nurse needs more information she will reach out to you.
Juniors & Seniors: ACT test registration
Link to register for the March ACT test: https://redwing.cr3.rschooltoday.com/public/costoption/class_id/7662
Link to register for the ACT prep course: https://redwing.cr3.rschooltoday.com/public/costoption/class_id/7498
These are available to register for through Community Ed.
Contact your counselor with questions!
Tuesdays & Thursdays: Winger Study
ALL students are invited and welcomed to attend to get extra work time and support in their studies. Students do not need an appointment to attend but are encouraged to communicate with their teachers if they need materials, help or tests to work on during this time. All students will need to have their own transportation home from Winger Study.
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:50pm-4:45pm
7 and 8th Grade in Lower H pod:
Language arts and Social studies in Lower J pod:
Math and Science in Upper H pod:
Other subject areas can be addressed in all areas as well.
NOTICE: End of Semester 1 is Friday, January 21st!
-Communicate with each teacher about end-of-semester late work deadlines for each course
-Communicate with each teacher about expectations for Finals
-Check StudentVUE regularly
-Stay on top of current work to avoid end-of-semester missing assignments
-Communicate with each teacher if you miss class for any reason!
-Communicate with your counselor about Semester 2 scheduling needs
Looking at Next Week...
Monday, January 10:
Tuesday, January 11: Winger Study
Wednesday, January 12:
Thursday, January 13: Winger Study
Friday, January 14:
NO SCHOOL MONDAY, JANUARY 17th!
Check in for the latest health updates from Principal Nemanich as he goes through treatments for Multiple Myeloma. #TeamNemanich
Check out gowingers.com for information on all things related to Winger sports and activities!
All past RWHS student newsletters are available for reference on our website.