Third Grade’s Cardinal Chronicle
Mrs. Johnston's Class
New Newsletter Design
By the way...if you click on a picture you can see the caption!
This Week In School
3rd Grade Musical
- The students should wear their Carolina Blue Class TCE shirts and jeans on Thursday, March 13, for the dress rehearsal and for the musical that night.
- The musical will begin at 6:30, please bring them to our room at 6:10 to get ready to go!! Looking forward to a GREAT show!!
- Thank you to ALL the wonderful parents who have been working so hard with our children to help them put on a fabulous performance!!
Our first round of ISTEP, which is the written portion, begins on Tuesday, March 11th. Please encourage your child to do their best work, reassure them that they are smart and that you are proud of them. Make sure that they get a good nights sleep and a nutritious breakfast in the morning. Thank you for your continued support of your child’s academic progress and goals.
Our cafeteria will be staying open longer in the morning for those who want to eat breakfast.
Tuesday- ISTEP Applied Skills
Wednesday- ISTEP Applied Skills
Thursday- Musical Dress Rehearsal
Musical 6:30 performance...arrive at 6:10
Friday- IREAD practice test
PE and Library
Candy Bar Bingo!!
- We will continue reading in our small guided reading groups/book clubs.
- We will continue talking about biographies being a type of nonfiction writing.
- Students will continue to read on their own and with partners during Daily 5.
- TODAY WE SKYPED WITH MOTHER AND SON LISA AND MICHAEL COHN, CO-AUTHORS OF THE BOOK BASH AND LUCY!! BE SURE TO ASK ABOUT IT! You can find follow Michael's Blog at www.BashAndLucy.com/blog.
- Students will review/focus on what good writers do in their writing and continue writing on their own.
- Students will continue working on their Young Author’s Books. They have chosen the type of book they are going to write and are working hard. Please ask them about their book!
- We will continue our geometry unit.
- We will work in our guided math groups and work stations.
- We will review all geometry vocabulary and concepts.
- We have started our unit on inventions. The students have brainstormed everyday problems and made decisions on a problem they would like to solve. We have formed groups and are in the beginning stages of coming up with a solution for this problem. This will lead us into our actual inventions!! This will all be done at school, but we might need some materials from you...stayed tuned for more information in the coming weeks.
- See kid inventors on the Ellen Show...