Windward is Hiring a Data Analyst
Come Join a Growing Team!
Windward is a specialized data company, analyzing and organizing the world’s maritime information. Today, ships transport over 90% of global trade, impacting each one of us and all industries worldwide. But despite the huge stakes at sea, the data on ship activity is largely inaccessible and unusable: it is massive, fragmented and often intentionally manipulated.
We are transforming the oceans of data into actionable alerts and insights for our customers, allowing them to solve problems, make better decisions, and monetize their interests at sea. Windward’s technology, initially developed to meet the needs of Intelligence communities, is in wide use among security agencies worldwide. We are now bringing the same unprecedented visibility on what’s happening at sea to the financial markets and oil & gas sector.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for an outstanding Data Analyst who is passionate about quality and bringing value to our users.
You will be part of a small, tight-knit, dynamic, hands-on team that takes pride in great results.
- Constructing and performing large-scale, ad hoc data analyses and develop effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, etc.
- Asking “what if?” and “why?” and designing quantitative analyses to answer those questions
- Producing visuals (charts, infographics) and presentations to clearly and effectively communicate findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Developing quantitative analyses, ad hoc reports, and models to support clients and internal decision making
- BA/BS in mathematics, statistics, computer sciences or a related quantitative field
- 2+ years of work experience in data analysis.
- Demonstrated success presenting complex research data in a clear and compelling manner. Direct experience working with large datasets and excellent data analysis/modeling skills
- Experience with, Hadoop/Hive, & SQL required
- Experience with, R required
- Experience with MongoDB an advantage
Email us at: email@example.com